FAQ - All
There are two options for inserting images and videos in TR's (trip reports):
- Within the text/body of the TR
- At the bottom of the TR body
1. To insert an image or video in the TR body:
- While editing the TR, make sure you're on the Body tab and in the Text/Body area.
- Place the cursor in the text where you want to insert the image.
- On the editor toolbar, click on the image or video icon.
- When the image manager window pops up, locate the URL field, and paste the image/video URL into it. Then click Insert
- The image manager window will close and the image will get inserted.
2. To insert an image (or video) below the TR body:
You can insert up to 10 images or videos with titles and description, and you can even drag-and-drop reorder them. This way you can tell a visual story quite easily, intermixing images, videos and text as desired.
- While editing the TR, click on the Media tab
- Click on Img Upload, Img URL, YouTube or Vimeo as desired (Img Upload is just that while the other 3 options allow you to embed media hosted elsewhere via its URL).
- Enter the title and description if you'd like - Title is strongly encouraged, description totally optional.
- Use the blue/green/red icons as follows:
- Blue double-arrow icon: Move the media item up or down (drag-and-drop)
- Green plus icon: Add another media item entry form
- Red minus icon: Remove the media item
- Click on the Submit button
If you'd like to be notified of new TR submissions, please follow these steps:
- Visit the My Profile page (you can get there from anywhere on this site by clicking on My >> Profile on the top navigation bar ... see the first screenshot).
- Look for the icon, and if it says "On", you're good to go
- If it says "Off", then click on the icon >> Profile (see the second screenshot)
- On the Edit Profile page: In the Info tab look for the New TR Notifications field, and click on the "On" option
- Click on the Update button
Here's how we think about it:
- TR's = all backcountry skiing trip reports (small trips, big trips, short description, long posts with epic pix - all are welcome)
- Blog = well thought out articles, which may or may not be TR's (Would you like to write a blog post? Drop us a line.)
- Forum = everything else (there are several categories so hopefully your topic fits into one of them; if not, drop us a line)
Hmm, the most likely cause is a copy/paste from another tool, e.g. your text editor (MS-Word, Apple Pages, etc.) or from your email client (Gmail, Outlook, etc.) or from another website. Typically, when you do the above, it brings over not just the content/text, but also the formatting/styling.
Here are two options for getting around it:
- When pasting into the Text/Body section in a new TR webform, use Ctrl+Shift+V (or Cmd+Shift+V on Mac) to paste the value/text only.
- Paste it into an "ancient" text editor first (e.g. Notepad on Windows), then copy the text from there (Ctrl+C or Cmd+C), then paste into the TR Text/Body section.
This will ensure the formatting is nice and uniform throughout the site.
Your readers thank you : )