Home > Forum > Categories > Yardsale > Boots & liners sz 29: Mercury, Backland, Tour Wrap CHEAP

Boots & liners sz 29: Mercury, Backland, Tour Wrap CHEAP

• kamtron
  • [kamtron]
More
22 Jan 2021 18:18 - 22 Jan 2021 18:21 #234535 by kamtron
Some well-loved boots and liners available for you in Bellingham. I can make you a deal if you want to do a combination of items. Text 802-777-3766

Dynafit Mercury $40
Size 29, BSL 324 mm. Liners are pretty beat from Salomon Mtn Explore. Well-used but functional. Inspecting the tech fittings doesn't show obvious issues, but the sole is worn down in this area. Have been punched for 6th toe area. Include booster straps and tongues, although I've toured in them without the tongues and they are plenty stiff without them.

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Jan 2021 18:21 by kamtron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kamtron
  • [kamtron]
More
22 Jan 2021 18:20 #234536 by kamtron
Atomic Backland Carbon $80
Size 29, BSL 318 mm. Liners are well-used but don't cause me blisters. Very nice walking boots, especially without the tongues. I like them enough to have replaced them with the newer version. The shells were baked once, so they are probably now wider than the stated last, and they have a punch for 6th toe.

Intuition Tour Wrap $20
Bought used from someone else who said they were baked once, and I baked them twice.

Attachments:

More
27 Jan 2021 13:33 #234555 by joshc
Did you use the Tour Wraps in your Backlands? If so, what'd you think? I've got Backlands and I'd like to replace the stock liner with Intuitions to improve downhill performance a bit. It seems like the wraps would do more on that front than the Pro Tours, but might sacrifice too much uphill performance in the process.

• kamtron
  • [kamtron]
More
27 Jan 2021 13:36 - 27 Jan 2021 13:37 #234556 by kamtron
I tried using them in my Salomon Mtn Explores. They might work for you in Backlands if you don't have a super tight fit. It wouldn't work for me.

If the fit works, you can definitely expect better downhill performance at the cost of increased resistance while skinning.
Last edit: 27 Jan 2021 13:37 by kamtron.

More
27 Jan 2021 13:39 #234557 by joshc
Makes sense. Thanks for the response! I reached out to Intuition to get their thoughts as well. Unfortunately your liners are a few sizes too large for me, or i'd grab em for the experiment

• kamtron
  • [kamtron]
More
28 Mar 2021 11:23 #234937 by kamtron
I've still got these boots available local in the Bellingham-Seattle corridor.

• kamtron
  • [kamtron]
More
17 May 2021 13:12 #235119 by kamtron
Cheap boots, anyone?