Home > Forum > Categories > Weak Layers > Public Avalanche warning, B.C.

Public Avalanche warning, B.C.

• all mtn
  • [all mtn]
More
17 Jan 2014 12:30 #127211 by all mtn
Public Avalanche warning, B.C. was created by all mtn
British Columbia, Jan. 17, widespread av. warning due to warming, high temps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2014 12:43 #127214 by Jason4
Replied by Jason4 on topic Re: Public Avalanche warning, B.C.
This isn't worth much without a link to the warning or a copy of it posted here.

I tried to copy the text from the PDF that was emailed to me this morning but the formatting is all wrong. Heres a link: www.avalanche.ca/uploads/SPAW/SPAW%20Jan%2016%202014.pdf

What's the deal with all of your one-line spammy posts that lack any real content?

• jakedouglas
  • [jakedouglas]
More
17 Jan 2014 13:19 #127216 by jakedouglas
Replied by jakedouglas on topic Re: Public Avalanche warning, B.C.

What's the deal with all of your one-line spammy posts that lack any real content?

I've been wondering the same thing.

• all mtn
  • [all mtn]
More
17 Jan 2014 19:15 #127246 by all mtn
Replied by all mtn on topic Re: Public Avalanche warning, B.C.
Better than nothing, I barely graduated. And, I won't post any more av. stats, as I burned out on that. I only take photos, and ski as long as I can each season. I'm in the Tahoe area, so I can squeak out a t a y, via summer turns at Mt Lassen, combined with the rare Oct. storm. This is my favorite website, as I regularly ski the last summer patches at Lassen.
* I find the snow info at snow brains.com  It used to be called unofficial networks. I' ll try to learn how to post photos. There's nothin' to post down here, now. Thanks for the question.
'ski ya later' (manmade this season

• Marcus
  • [Marcus]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Jan 2014 19:26 #127247 by Marcus
Replied by Marcus on topic Re: Public Avalanche warning, B.C.
all mtn, feel free to send me an email if you need a hand figuring out how to post links or photos.  Not everyone has a ton of experience with computers and internet forums - no worries.  Giving folks the benefit of the doubt is awesome.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Quick tutorial on links - if you see the "URL" at the top of your internet window (the one that starts with "http" or "www"), you can highlight that with your mouse and copy/paste it into the comment box.  The forum will automatically turn that into a link.

You can right-click your mouse on the highlighted text to access the "Copy" option, then right-click again in the comment window to select "Paste".  You can also Copy/Paste with keyboard shortcuts.  "Ctrl" and "C" to copy, "Ctrl" and "V" to paste.

Hope that helps.

www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboardi...ndex.php?board=146.0

• alecapone
  • [alecapone]
More
18 Jan 2014 06:30 #127262 by alecapone
Replied by alecapone on topic Re: Public Avalanche warning, B.C.
vimeo.com/84370822

Baldface lodge heli bombing from the 15th...

Allmtn, i just figured you are a man of few words. You got at least one guys attention though. Several of your posts peaked my interest enough to seek out the Iinfo on my own. Didnt really think much to look at unofficial, since they dont have a pnw outpost. It's not like you are trying to sell something or trick anyone.

Thanks for being that guy who asks 'did you hear?', even if it is only one line.

More
18 Jan 2014 08:53 #127267 by Jason4
Replied by Jason4 on topic Re: Public Avalanche warning, B.C.
Sorry to jump on you All Mtn, I just saw lots of one line new threads that looked interesting but when I followed them there wasn't much more than the title. I know how it can get when all the snow that you see is on a monitor, I work a desk job and browse lots of TRs during the week. I think my grouchiness peaks on Thursdays. I'd love to see some TRs from the Sierras even if they are just scouting trips while you guys are waiting for more snow. I've heard it's bleak down there.

• Charlie Hagedorn
  • [trumpetsailor]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
18 Jan 2014 09:44 #127269 by Charlie Hagedorn
Replied by Charlie Hagedorn on topic Re: Public Avalanche warning, B.C.

vimeo.com/84370822  Baldface lodge heli bombing from the 15th...

Nice!

Allmtn, i just figured you are a man of few words.

Thanks for being that guy who asks 'did you hear?', even if it is only one line.

Agreed!

All-mtn -- if you copy and paste a link to news you think is worth sharing, that'll let others follow your nose for news. Some of the news you've posted has been quite worthwhile.