• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 Mar 2021 09:50 #234862 by avajane
Brundage Mt Resort or Tamerack was created by avajane
Might stop at on on way back from Sun Valley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• filbo
  • [philgallagher46]
More
14 Mar 2021 13:10 #234866 by filbo
Replied by filbo on topic Brundage Mt Resort or Tamerack
I followed a storm there a few years back and stayed in the town of Mc Call which is situated on the shores of a big lake.   Lots of retired powder hounds live there so on weekends the ski resort gets skied up in a fast way.   I did some solo side country from the resort which was an area off of the lift and to skiers left of the chair that runs back there.   It was easy to see where to ski and where to hike back up.   Don't know how Covid has influenced things but there were some nice restaurants and pubs there.   I stayed in the Super 8 which seemed luxurious to an old ski bum like myself.   Tamarack was a short drive away but did not ski there as I was heading to the Wasatch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: avajane

• mccallboater
  • [mccallboater]
More
01 Apr 2021 09:49 #234958 by mccallboater
Replied by mccallboater on topic Brundage Mt Resort or Tamerack
I live there. Both resorts have good close in backcountry opportunities. Brundage’s is more mild and safer. Tamarack gets a lot of wind on top, similar to Schweitzer and Mission Ridge. The snow is of high quality most of the time. But the 500”/year areas are not at the resorts. A sled is sort of necessary to access those. Check out the Payette avi center website for conditions. 
Attachments: