Home > Forum > Categories > Trip Research > Hood/Palmer conditions

Hood/Palmer conditions

• Splitboardist
  • [Splitboardist]
More
26 Jun 2017 08:37 #156551 by Splitboardist
Hood/Palmer conditions was created by Splitboardist
Can anyone comment on current conditions?

I will be making a trip down to Portland next weekend... would be my first time climbing/riding Mt Hood.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2017 17:19 #156572 by dfhkvs
Replied by dfhkvs on topic Re: Hood/Palmer conditions
this is not the best info, but maybe better than nothing. Was at Timberline lot Sunday afternoon. Plenty of skiers running laps on Palmer, and we saw plenty of people up in the crater. Bergschrund above Hogback looks very wide, although people usually are able to pass it on the right. It was hot. Damn hot. About 85 deg in the parking lot. They do a good job of pushing snow around, however, and people were able to ski right to the parking lot!

have fun, post a TR.

More
28 Jun 2017 12:44 #156609 by DCM
Replied by DCM on topic Re: Hood/Palmer conditions
Skied from Crater Rock on Saturday. Good turns to be had for sure. Saw a few people skiing from the summit, and they generally reported good conditions. Saw a decent amount of rock fall from Steel Cliffs area, so keep your eye out for sure. Lot's of melting since Saturday though I am sure.

• peteyboy
  • [peteyboy]
More
04 Jul 2017 08:49 #156688 by peteyboy
Replied by peteyboy on topic Re: Hood/Palmer conditions
Had the summit to ourselves at 11:30 - noon yesterday. Old chute and steep fields above the crater are marginal at best - the runnels are pretty well formed. From Crater Rock on down was prime corn.