Feedback

• markharf
  • [markharf]
More
07 May 2020 22:35 #233728 by markharf
Feedback was created by markharf
I hope the revitalized website becomes popular again. Thanks for all your efforts!

I'm wondering about a couple of things: 

In Trip reports, the listings use a European date format (today is 7/5/20) but responses are in American format (today is 5/7/20). Can we choose one or the other--presumably the American, since that's what people who live here are most familiar with as well as the way the TAY website has always done it?

Putting trip reports and the other forums on different tabs seems destined to deprive each of attention. A single tab--call it "forums," or whatever you choose--with all the forums including trip reports worked perfectly well for many years. This arrangement I find annoying. At the moment, ALL the forums need clicks, views, and posts--why not let them feed each other?

Hope that's helpful.

Mark 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MtnPavlas
  • [mtnpavlas]
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 May 2020 00:41 #233729 by MtnPavlas
Replied by MtnPavlas on topic Feedback
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

#1: The date format was a bug, and has now been fixed - thanks for the alert!

#2: The Trip Reports section was pulled out on purpose for two reasons: a) TR's is what most people come to the website for so we wanted to give it more prominence; b) It's built on a different technology, using additional metadata (TR date, region, media and GPX attachments, etc.), which will enable us to keep evolving the user experience in the future.

• charlier
  • [charlier]
More
20 May 2020 19:17 - 20 May 2020 19:29 #233756 by charlier
Replied by charlier on topic Feedback

markharf wrote: I hope the revitalized website becomes popular again. Thanks for all your efforts!

...Putting trip reports and the other forums on different tabs seems destined to deprive each of attention. A single tab--call it "forums," or whatever you choose--with all the forums including trip reports worked perfectly well for many years. This arrangement I find annoying. At the moment, ALL the forums need clicks, views, and posts--why not let them feed each other?

Hope that's helpful.

Mark 

I understand that forums were separated from trip reports, for good reason - in particular using additional metadata. That said, Markharf has a point - the current arrangement of separating trip reports from forums is a bit clunky, having to click between trip reports and forums.  For example, I might want to read a trip report and go to "trip research questions" - it would be nice to use the single tab. A possible solution provide the separation at the horizontal nav bar (as currently shown), but add redundancy at community/forums/trip reports...

Thanks for the new TAY prototype - see you on the snow.  Charlie
Last edit: 20 May 2020 19:29 by charlier. Reason: clarity

• MtnPavlas
  • [mtnpavlas]
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 May 2020 21:40 #233757 by MtnPavlas
Replied by MtnPavlas on topic Feedback
Thanks for your kind words, charlier. The navigation is so simple that everything is only a couple clicks/taps away. That being said, I'll let it soak for a few weeks, and then we'll see about changes. Next on the list is a kick-ass UX for getting real-time trip-planning data, including tighter integration with weather, avi and mapping resources.