Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Crystal...going up in the $$$$

Crystal...going up in the $$$$

• Stefan
  • [Stefan]
More
03 Mar 2022 12:22 #235757 by Stefan
Crystal...going up in the $$$$ was created by Stefan
I can't help but wonder how much this would have gone up with the problems at Stevens Pass this year:
www.seattletimes.com/life/outdoors/cryst...-capital-investment/

The following user(s) said Thank You: DirtyErn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• altasnob
  • [altasnob]
More
04 Mar 2022 06:48 #235761 by altasnob
Replied by altasnob on topic Crystal...going up in the $$$$
They announced they will be charging everyone for weekend parking next year. That includes those with season passes, those who buy daily lift tickets, and backcountry skiers. I actually think this is much more fair than this year's policy, where season pass holders did not have to pay (backcountry skiers and daily lift ticket people did). Crystal claims all proceeds go to the free bus from Enumclaw, which backcountry skiers are welcome to take as well. It also appears everyone will need to make a reservation in order to be able to park on the weekend, including backcountry skiers.

You don't need to pay (but still need a reservation) if you have a car of four and are able to park in the carpool lot at the front of C lot. Backcountry skiers can take advantage of this as well. I am not sure what happens once this lot is full and someone shows up with a car of four.

• altasnob
  • [altasnob]
More
07 Mar 2022 18:27 #235774 by altasnob
Replied by altasnob on topic Crystal...going up in the $$$$
Didn't take long for Crystal to change their mind. Now you don't have to pay for parking if you have a season pass. Backcountry skiers, daily lift tickets, and Ikon pass holders will still need to pay to park on Saturday and Sunday. It doesn't seem fair to make those user groups subsidize the free bus that everyone can use. In other words, season pass holders can use the free bus but don't have to pay for it.

• markharf
  • [markharf]
More
08 Mar 2022 22:00 #235782 by markharf
Replied by markharf on topic Crystal...going up in the $$$$

. In other words, season pass holders can use the free bus but don't have to pay for it.

You’d really begrudge someone paying $1600 for their season pass a free bus ride? Even if it might cut down marginally on traffic and parking issues?

I’m not part of anyone’s target audience, but as far as I’m concerned any skier crazy, dedicated, or spendthrift enough to pay that kind of money can HAVE their free bus ride(s). I doubt that many will take proper advantage.

• Stefan
  • [Stefan]
More
09 Mar 2022 08:59 #235783 by Stefan
Replied by Stefan on topic Crystal...going up in the $$$$
I took the bus last weekend to try it out.  I would say that overall, it took about 20 minutes longer from that last Enumclaw light to the front steps of Crystal compared to when I drive, park, take the trailer, and get to the front steps.  Same on the return.  I took a short nap going up and coming down.  Save about 70 miles of driving.  Really quiet on the bus both ways.  I liked it.