Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Love your touring jacket/pants?

Love your touring jacket/pants?

• Richard_Korry
  • [Richard_Korry]
More
13 Sep 2021 21:07 #235218 by Richard_Korry
Love your touring jacket/pants? was created by Richard_Korry
I'm looking at updating my touring jacket and pants. I currently have a relatively new OR Interstellar that is fine if the weather doesn't get wet.
I'm looking for something light (16oz or less) hardshell with pockets that make sense for touring.

My softshell Arctyrex pants have been great but are getting a bit worn. They have suspenders which I didn't think I'd like but now I'm a fan. And they are reinforced in the inner arch area against ski edges. Arctyrex doesn't make that style of touring pants anymore so I'm looking for elsewhere.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2021 10:33 - 15 Oct 2021 12:02 #235253 by river59
Replied by river59 on topic Love your touring jacket/pants?
OR trailbreaker pants all the way. I have maybe over a thousand touring days in these pants and I don't have a single reason to look elsewhere.

Since you didn't specify features that are important to you, I will run down my list: non-mesh backed outer vents, well placed/sized pockets, dedicated beacon pocket and leash clip, reinforced instep, nice zip out gaiter (removable and replaceable), removable suspenders, cinchable cuff, lifetime warranty.

I have also owned a few lighter weight BD softshell pants over the years and they were pretty meh, in terms of construction, materials, and features.
Last edit: 15 Oct 2021 12:02 by river59.

• Charlie Hagedorn
  • [trumpetsailor]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
23 Oct 2021 20:51 #235262 by Charlie Hagedorn
Replied by Charlie Hagedorn on topic Love your touring jacket/pants?
I'm also a big fan of Trailbreakers (my go-to pant for the last couple of years), but they may not fit the initial request of a full hard-shell.