Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Quiver Killer mounting help

Quiver Killer mounting help

• jskier206
  • [jskier206]
More
12 Nov 2020 11:19 #234051 by jskier206
Quiver Killer mounting help was created by jskier206
Hi,

I am looking for someone who know how to mount quiver killer inserts. I don't have a ton of ski mounting experience so I don't want to do them by myself. I am willing to compensate for your help. I would love to help you out or at least be able to watch/learn but with COVID I understand if that is not possible. Let me know if you are interested!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2020 11:25 #234065 by river59
Replied by river59 on topic Quiver Killer mounting help
It really isn't hard. You can do it.

If you want completely foolproof, use a stepped bit for drilling and a guide block of some sort to make sure your bit and tap are perpendicular. Don't overdrive the tap.

Clean your inserts with acetone. Knock out the dust. Coat the holes. Insert insert.

If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do. 

More
01 Jan 2022 13:44 #235517 by mBraun
Replied by mBraun on topic Quiver Killer mounting help
Did you install your inserts?

I've done it a couple times using the instructions from Quiver Killer plus Dynafit mounting instructions downloaded from WildSnow.com.

The first time I did it, I marked and drilled the holes. That was the most difficult step. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th times I had a shop drill the holes, then I tapped the holes and epoxied the inserts. They drilled the holes more accurately than I could. They routinely installed Quiver Killers and had a jig. Another reason to pay a shop to drill the holes is that some BC skis are so thin that it can be very tricky to drill the proper depth without going all the way through.

A full mount with Quiver Killers often costs more than a standard mount with screws. The amount I was charged for just drilling holes was half the cost of a standard full mount with screws.

WARNING: Be sure to wrap your tapping bit with masking tape for the proper depth or use some other type of stop. Be careful to not over tap the depth of the holes, which I did on my last pair of skis. I made the bad assumptions that extra threads would be good for adhesion of the epoxy and that it wasn't possible to over drive the tapping bit. Wrong!!! I discovered dimples on the bottom of the ski. I discovered the dimples after tapping only a few holes. I sanded the bottom of the ski with a block of wood and sand paper that was wider than the width of the ski. I didn't want to over sand the dimples and create a new problem.