Home > Forum > Categories > Random Tracks > Alpental area coverage?

Alpental area coverage?

• sag
  • [sag]
More
29 Dec 2002 10:53 - 29 Dec 2002 15:48 #168077 by sag
Alpental area coverage? was created by sag
any one been up to alpental yet chair peak ,pineapple basin or into the commonwealth basin ? is there enough coverage to make it worth it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2002 03:17 #168082 by Pete A
Replied by Pete A on topic Re: Alpental area coverage?
I yo-yo'd a few laps on lower International at Alpental on saturday and there was enough coverage over the boulderfield below the cliffs on Denny Mtn, so I bet that the Pineapple Pass area has enough snow by now, don't know about Commonweath basin, seems like ya might need a little more snow before there will be good skiing in the trees back up in there.

More
31 Dec 2002 15:37 #168090 by jackal
Replied by jackal on topic Re: Alpental area coverage?
I went up Sunday 12/29 and found deep powder! Headed up the trail about 8:30 a.m. from the upper parking lot (lots of new signs warning about high speed skiiers coming down and avalanche control being done at any time, so don't come up here!). Followed two early-rising skiiers' tracks up to the basin under Chair Pk. Heavenly powder. I couldn't find bottom in many places with my pole. Back down in Source Lake Basin, there were LOTS of snowshoers. I took one run up and down the basin then glided back down the snowshoe widened trail to the parking lot and found over 100 people sledding all over the lower slopes of Alpental. Wow. It was like everyone discovered the same free sledding secret. I headed up to Lower International where there were a few people yo-yo'ing. The lower slopes where the sledders were still had lots of brush poking through, but the snow was great higher up. <br>cheers