Home > Forum > Categories > Partners Wanted > Backcountry in Stevens Pass Highway 2 Area

Backcountry in Stevens Pass Highway 2 Area

• dansanda
  • [dansanda]
More
01 Feb 2021 17:02 #234587 by dansanda
Hey all! I'm currently living in Plain WA and looking to meet fellow backcountry skiers/boarders with an interest in going on backcountry adventures in and along the Stevens Pass/highway 2 corridor. I've been doing a lot of solo Stevens backcountry objectives this season, but am getting lonely, and also generally just don't feel super safe being in the backcountry alone. I'm open to weekday or weekend trips. Avy gear (beacon, probe, shovel), experience/knowledge of how to use it (ideally AIARE level 1 course), and AT or splitboard setup would be required. I'm 29 and have lived and skied in the WA area my whole life, and have about 5 years of backcountry skiing experience.

Looking forward to meeting up with y'all and having some awesome backcountry days! I'm planning a mid-week backcountry day at Stevens this Wednesday, as well as one on Saturday. If you're interested either reply to this message or message me directly, with your backcountry experience level and general schedule availability. Looking forward to meeting people!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mtnsmth1
  • [mtnsmth1]
More
06 Feb 2021 14:51 #234618 by mtnsmth1
Replied by mtnsmth1 on topic Backcountry in Stevens Pass Highway 2 Area
Hey,  I live in Gold Bar and was looking tour around Stevens this next wednesday depending on avy conditions  DM me and we can talk some more.  Former patroller  48yrs old  Yeah im older  Slower climber, still in good shape just slower than i was at 30, but an excellent skier and very versed with downed skier searches.   Give me a shout if you are interested in going up this next wednesday.  I was assuming you meant 2/10/21.  Disregard if you meant the 3rd  Cheers 

More
12 Feb 2021 10:20 #234675 by coldcutz
Replied by coldcutz on topic Backcountry in Stevens Pass Highway 2 Area
Hi, I'd love to explore more of the stevens pass area. I'm 26, lived in the Seattle area for 5 years, strong inbounds skier background, took AIARE 1 last winter and have been poking around Stevens pass and Baker ever since. Proficient with my safety and touring gear. I'm typically only available on weekends. Free to tour 1/13 or 1/15 hit me up!

More
29 Mar 2021 16:09 #234944 by coldcutz
Replied by coldcutz on topic Backcountry in Stevens Pass Highway 2 Area
Anyone interested in a tour Wednesday 3/30 in the skyline/tye area? Let me know!