Home > Forum > Categories > Partners Wanted > I will ski anywhere within a reasonable distance

I will ski anywhere within a reasonable distance

• BilliamT
  • [will.tabor]
More
03 Dec 2020 08:18 #234202 by BilliamT
Hi Y'all,

All my skiing partners left for smaller towns and slower lifestyles now that they work from home (don't blame them, quite jealous). This has left me seriously wanting to get out and with no one to enjoy skiing with. 

You could be my hero!

I would still consider myself a beginner with less than thirty days in the backcountry. I got my level one in Canmore last year. I've skied on and in zones around Baker, Adams and Mt. St. Helens. While I wouldn't say my knowledge of avalanche terrain or snowpack is vast, I love talking about it and learning about it. Decision making is really interesting to me and is a big part of why I love touring. 

I live in the north kitsap, and I am willing to go anywhere within a reasonable distance. I mean it. I will drive. I will ski bumped out low angle crap and be the happiest one there. If you have a ridiculous mission in mind and can't find a partner, I will slog with you (once the partnership develops a little bit). All skiing is great skiing.

Am I desperate? Yes. Is that a bad thing? No. 

Come ski with me!

Will 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cdmroyal
  • [cdmroyal]
More
03 Dec 2020 20:46 #234208 by cdmroyal
Hey Will, I’m thinking to head up to Muir on Saturday, maybe the chute on the way down, would love a partner, message me if you’re interested. 
-Dan

• lenbeers
  • [lenbeers]
More
14 Dec 2020 18:36 #234262 by lenbeers
What's up Will! Splitboarder here looking for a partner at a similar skill & experience level myself. Just got my Level 1 this season, have been building up my avy education for a couple years and have 5-10 days experience in the backcountry, mostly around crystal with a couple days in the Baker area. Agreed re: observing the snowpack, learning from it and talking about it. The human factor is as fascinating as the snow science. I'm down to ride just about anywhere in WA with a good partner who complements my skills and decision making habits! Ride safe out there. 

Ben

More
07 Jan 2021 09:56 #234439 by CKD
New to forum, I've exhausted my call list of potential skiers too often (doesn't take much.....) and I have run out of topics to discuss with myself while skinning up solo. Anyone on this thread (or any others for that matter) plan to ski on this fine looking upcoming weekend? I'm game for one or both days. Based out of Burlington, but will drive to most anywhere that will still allow me to get to work Monday.

I skied when I was a kid, but switched to a board up till last year when a friend lined me up with his spare AT ski setup. The ski skills came back decent and I can get up and down most anything, not glamorous, but I get there. I've done a couple trips up to Muir this season, couple up Scott Paul trail to Sqauk glacier, Heliotrope, some various tree routes above Glacier. I love an adventure whether it be a 500 foot day or a 5000 foot day.              

• filbo
  • [philgallagher46]
More
07 Jan 2021 18:55 #234442 by filbo
Going bc out of white pass tomorrow Friday always happy for someone to join along.  A lift ticket price is part of the excursion since we ride the lifts up to the expansion area where we drop off into the bc.   I will check here in the morning if anyone wants to tag along with a meet up near the ticket booth as the lodge is pretty much quaranteend.
Plan on skiing moderate pitches of the lower gunsight bowl on the tree line that borders the bowl.   with a partner could go higher.

More
08 Jan 2021 05:41 #234446 by CKD
Note quite enough notice to get from Burlington to White Pass before this morning, but no worries there. I do head down that way a bit as a good friend lives not far off highway 12. Can you access the BC area of White Pass from the south, from Forest Service Road 1207 which ends at Scatter Creek TH? Enough snow to ski from there? Looks like FS 1207 hovers in the 3200 foot range.   

• filbo
  • [philgallagher46]
More
08 Jan 2021 15:45 #234451 by filbo
Have no idea where Burlington is and the forest service roads you mention, but if you hike up the resort to the top of chair 6 you can drop off lower hogback bowl down into the Mirriam Lake area which is a fun powder descent with lots of options from there.   The hike from the base lodge to the top of 6 is a good two hour hike faster if you are in super hiking shape.   I often ride the lift to this point and ski down and then hike back to the resort and do it again lap style.

More
08 Jan 2021 16:15 #234455 by CKD
Burlington is interstate 5 exit 230, and highway 12 is exit 68 so 162 miles south then the drive to White Pass. A decent drive, but as mentioend I have a friend I visit often who lives off Hwy 12 and he is only maybe an hour from White Pass. We were pondering doing St Helens tomorrow, Saturday, but he went and got himself a COVID shot and he has been feeling a bit lethargic so we bailed on that idea. Maybe St Helens one of the next two weekends, weather dependent.

Image attached that might explain the Forest Road 1207 angle. I have no idea if the terrain (probably more the trees) would support heading up this way, just a wild guess.

How was White Pass today? I have never been there.      

Attachments:

• filbo
  • [philgallagher46]
More
09 Jan 2021 09:36 #234460 by filbo
That map is about the trail from Clear Lake which travels through the Tieton Drainage.   The lake at the south end of the map is Shoe Lake just on the other side of the Hogback Cordillera and a fun ski from the ridge with about 400ft vert on a mellow angle.   From there down I have never ventured but I think is a bit of a ways.   Often people skiing the resort get too far east of the boundary and end up down that way which is quite gnarly near the bottom and a long road walk to Clear Lake.   Best bet is to hike up the resort early.  The snow has been really good but rain is the forecast for the coming week.   If you ever get up wp way for a resort powder day or to hike let me know be glad to show you the terrain. 

• dansanda
  • [dansanda]
More
01 Feb 2021 15:23 #234585 by dansanda
Hi Will, Ben, and others,

I'm currently living in Plain, WA and am also looking for backcountry ski partners! Ideal backcountry adventures in and around the Stevens Pass, highway 2, or wenatchee areas, but I'm also willing to drive to other objectives. I've been skiing my whole life, and have about 5 years of backcountry skiing experience. I have AIARE level 1 certification, and all the necessary backcountry gear.

I've been doing a lot of solo Stevens backcountry objectives this season, but am getting lonely, and also generally just don't feel super safe being in the backcountry alone. I'm open to weekday or weekend trips.

Looking forward to meeting up with y'all and having some awesome backcountry days! I'm planning a mid-week backcountry day at Stevens this Wednesday, as well as one on Saturday. Any interest?