Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/08 Last Lift Served Monday in Washington

Crystal - 04/08 Last Lift Served Monday in Washington

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Apr 2024 14:49 #237376 by ddk
Ski Rrport - Grey sky, light winds, fair grooming, ultra light crowd, some fuzzy vis up top early, #1 had good times early on FQex as I did on Rex. Acky old bodies got us to bail around 12:30. Last lift served Monday in Washington....next Monday will be very sad locally...but a road trip to Tahoe might make me happy. Twas a fun day even if was not a spring day...kinda would have been a good day in January.

Other - Did a just right time pause in CB lodge...#1 had a glut free burger and I helped her with the fries (with barby sauce!) No pizza or soups available.

Other Other - Special folks parking not very full and had some folks with no permits, rest of A lot was massively pushing 1/4 full, B lot did not make it to the Honey Bucket stop, C lot cars clustered around the Honey Bucket stop. Drive up and down mostly okay with a few elk noticed around the new clear cut on the drive down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2024 15:17 #237377 by CD
And now, for the rest of the report. Drove up late and timed my arrival with lift opening. There was a WSP with a radar trap on 410. Huh? Fortunately, I have electronic warning so was able to go off cruise control before going by. After that, no cars. It was foggy above 6000 feet, but it didn't freeze on the goggles. I headed over to FQ and found 4 inches of untracked snow over Friday's leftovers in Cisco and Cisco trees. Awesome! Skied better than Friday. Spent the morning there and I was the only one skiing it. Fresh lines every run and found some new ones. Crystal has done some nice tree removal in there opening up new terrain. When the fog lifted, I headed back to REX. Oddly, GV Bowl right wasn't very good, nor was Grubstake. But, lower chairline, Snorting Elk Bowl, and Mr. Toad were good. Noticed Northway was open, so headed back. Just OK until I reached the bottom and the chair was literally running half speed. The lift ops weren't even helping people load it was so slow. That was painful and a no repeat. Outer Ferks was good, Bear Pits was not. So, quite a bit of hit and miss. But the hits were really fun. Finished the day back in Cisco for a few more runs until I had skied it out, then left. Did get to see the 20% eclipse when the cloud cover got to just the right thickness you could see the outline of the sun without special glasses and the crescent shape from the moon.

No WSP on the way home and cruise control happy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.