Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/05 Ouchy Version 5 Spring?

Crystal - 04/05 Ouchy Version 5 Spring?

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 Apr 2024 14:04 #237365 by ddk
Ski Report - OUCH OH MY! Some good snow, lots of lack of participation from the crowds, a few inches+ new in places if you could see it...SEE IT? Foggy, flat light, freezing stuff on the goggles from top to bottom, high humidity? OUCH! Dont ever remember a morning where goggle wipers needed every 100 yards or so...Could have been good...and it felt colder than January....heard big things about tree skiing down low on FQex...where the snow quality was actually nice....Had one almost good vis time up in the Valley but it only lasted for a run....ultra short day...with better vis or better brail reading brain could have been very nice and a lot longer....but I was not at work as I heard from folks and I was skiing and not working in my disaster of a yard or doing other chores....so it was a great day.

Other - Passed through CB lodge extra early to warm up and check the soup...same as all season...though they had most of the food stations open today...lots of pizza which the "old" Amigos seemed to be eating a lot of....Amigos?....never seen all of them in CB lodge in like 20 years...Ha Ha! They must have been on vaca.

Other Other - A lot empty as usual with parking enforcement at work? B lot made it to the Honey Bucket station, C had a fair sized crowd...Drive up very pleasant except for an obnoxious heard of Elk around Ranger Creek strolling across the road....Drive down more Elk free mellow but still a few early slow drivers? PS... twas still fun skiing, not many lift served days left locally...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2024 15:30 #237366 by CD
On the drive up, saw a herd of elk 1 mile from my house on Lake Tapps. Then a herd of 20 - 30 just past the ranch. On to skiing. My one run down Snorting Elk Bowl was a total white-out. While it was groomed, it was skiing by braille. I finally noticed some tracks going straight, so I figured it was time to tuck to get up the other side of the dip at the bottom. Ended up I was at the bottom of the dip and had to hike up the other side. Headed over to FQ where I could ski next to trees for vis. Finally found the runs over there. Frisco and all the treed runs through that gate. Surprisingly nice snow and fun skiing something more challenging than the FQ groomers. Around 11:30, the fog stopped freezing on our goggles which was very welcomed. A good day and fun skiing with our friend's 11 year old granddaughter. She had a kick skiing the black diamond glades off Downhill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.