Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/19 Happy Last Day of Winter

Crystal - 03/19 Happy Last Day of Winter

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
19 Mar 2024 15:56 - 19 Mar 2024 16:00 #237249 by ddk
Ski Report Short Version - Great morning! Great Spring Skiing! I love days like today!

Wordy Version Report - Groomers had issues with the warm temps, but I skied LS and MIFB and they were soft prime the first time around 9:15 ...Ultra light crowd, Ultra warm....dropped down to prime ski attire on the second up load of REX....Classic Oaklie's, Base Ball gloves, Base Ball Cap (someone noticed that it was a Whistler cap...I wear Crystal cap when I'm at Whistler) and most importantly a Hawaiian Shirt (though a real Hawaiian lady commented that it was not traditional enough????) Skiing? Great! GV center got great early.....#1 showed up extra early and was skiing strong. Crowd was end of season light, Blue skies were awesome, views were big, didn't notice any sticky snow where we were, even on the run to the base...which was sadly to early again....dang hate being old and slow and out of shape! The Igloo is now open early...we arrived fashionably late...jumped onto an empty CHex five minutes after first load...ouch! Hate the big lines! Hate not being on first chair....ha ha

Other - Passed through CB lodge for a short break...didn't see anything much edible other than the Beechers Mac and Cheese....might have to take a container for the left overs if I get an order ever again. Prety empty lodge as was everywhere on the mountain.

Extra - Brown and Rocks are sprouting around the mountain...especially upper MIFB...hopefully colder temps and some new white precip happens later this week....or late April might be a stretch...

Other Other - A parking lot might have been half full...talked to the parking lot lady who was putting big green penalty stickers on cars...apparently a fair number...B lot full to the Honey Bucket station, C lot actually had a fair number of cars. Drive up (late) and down (early) were pleasant mostly. No elk noticed but a lot fewer standing trees in the new Ranch clearcut. BIG FUN SKI!
Last edit: 19 Mar 2024 16:00 by ddk. Reason: Info on rocks and dirt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
19 Mar 2024 18:28 #237254 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Crystal - 03/19 Happy Last Day of Winter
We started skiing about 1130, and ended up parking about 200 feet from the C lot shuttle stop. The snow was really nice on our early runs on Lucky Shot and Forest Queen. Ferkberg skied really well except as ddk mentioned the first quarter of it had bare spots and gravel but the rest of it was nice. Other than that most of the main runs had pretty good coverage you didn't have to keep an eye out. The run of the day was Green Valley Gondi Face. It had a nice sized moguls and good snow. Snorting Ek Bowl skied really well as did the run from there back to the Green Valley chair. The only real bad run we did all day was on West Face which was frozen. No lines anywhere, ski without the coat, break out the sunscreen, along with the Hawaiian shirt. Days like today are the reason we live in the Pacific Northwest.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.