Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal 3/13 - Very Nice

Crystal 3/13 - Very Nice

• CD
  • [CD]
More
13 Mar 2024 15:41 #237206 by CD
Crystal 3/13 - Very Nice was created by CD
Traffic was a little slow driving up, then just past Green Water at the new clear cut, traffic was stopped with a mile back-up. After a 10 minute wait, we started moving. Why? WSDOT was periodically closing the road so they could log the remaining trees along side the road. After that, a 45mph slog to the mountain. Fortunately, I hit it right on the way home, but they were getting ready to close the road again went I went through. Hopefully, they'll finish it tomorrow.

The rest of the report will not be worth much for tomorrow with the big warm-up. Northway, C6, GV, and early runs down Bear Pits were the places to be today. Northway chair was running at 70% at best making a really long chair even longer. But, the snow was oh so good. Same for the many repeats on C6. No lift lines anywhere, but B and C lots were full, and cars in D and E lots when we left. I have no idea where those people were.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2024 16:37 #237207 by CMskier2
Replied by CMskier2 on topic Crystal 3/13 - Very Nice
I went skiing today, it was really fun. The next 10 days will be different.

Oh, stay off the north facers for a few days and smooth out the south facers. Please....

• CascadeSkier
  • [CascadeSkier]
More
13 Mar 2024 19:48 #237208 by CascadeSkier
Replied by CascadeSkier on topic Crystal 3/13 - Very Nice
18F and light snow to start. Top to bottom powder skiing with 4-6" new, ~24" leftover and pow cords. Quite nice Right Angle, Employee Housing (gate 8), I-5 smooth, c6 Powder Bowl between cannons 3x and c6 out South Stash. North facing shade very nice. After lunch sun came out, temps warmed and good ol' crud made an appearance. Lots of peeps on the local hill and it's still winter. 410 logging delay at clear cut on way up. ~20 elk crossing at 410 clear cut on the way down. Patrol says White Dragon opens tomorrow. Everything else wall to wall open. Very light crowd. Beverages at SElk. Party on Garth!