Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/11 Little of Everything

Crystal - 03/11 Little of Everything

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 Mar 2024 14:16 #237189 by ddk
Ski Report - Relatively big early crowd? Oh Xtal powder post? hhhhmmmm....Groomers I did were pretty good with some new after the Cats drove through...One dead Cat in MIFR half way down...MIFB had some nice grooming, but lots of not incredible grooming. LS other major groomer I did...very pleasant and fast...allowed views of the "real" snow sliders doing PB which did look nice. Big thing today was the big winds blowing from whatever direction and scouring some areas and nuking happy others...GV Bowl center line got better every time I did it. Day started looking bluebird...that went away pretty early, but most of the morning was filtered sun making vis okay... but Winds? Howling mid-morning, bucket not running early...otherwise lifts running fast enough to be pleasant...seemed like a fair big crowd today...more about that later.

Other - Since it was windy and getting greyer late morning, I rode FQex to check out CB lodge...fair number of folks sitting around, soup options did not stimulate me...no pizza (its a Monday!)...decided to bail out and eat leftovers at home.

Other Other - A lot was pushing 3/4 something, B had enough cars to be pushing 3/4s and C had a bunch of cars all over the place. Drive up was kinda later than normal but sufferable okay, drive down was cruise control mostly happy. No Elk noticed again? Weird season. New clear cut at the Ranch exit is getting more massive every time I see it! Twas fun to ski, quit early to save a little for #1 tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.