Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/07 Big Sun Great Skiing

Crystal - 03/07 Big Sun Great Skiing

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Mar 2024 16:25 #237166 by ddk
Ski Report - Great conditions, big views, great groomers, cold, off piste in GV Bowl made me happy...would have liked to do it a bunch more times. MIFB prime every time I got to do it......#1 started on FQex early, but showed up extra early at REX? Twas nice, she skied strong....she made me do Kellys Gap extra early in my day...90% good for her except for the last part next to lower E...all of my run was....gotta say very good and could have done E a lot more times if we had made it passed 1pm....So for us...LS and MIFB happy, GV Bowl happy for me and I think #1 liked the runs on FQex....coverage is awesome now, kinda felt like skiing conditions in the big ski areas of the west...cold packed powder, great quality grooming, ultra light crowd (my opinion).

Other - Sadly she made us eat up top...dang...oh well, good food, but too much and we were both slugs after that visit....great views from Oregon to Canada and the Olympics and pretty much every else. No clue about soup or foods at CB lodge since I did not go that direction. Drive up was ultra late for us...pulled into the lot at 8:30...boots on, jump onto an empty CHex chair at 8:55....late drive was not to painful...early departure (had things to do) was very fast and pleasant drive. Fun day...sad I missed the last three days...kept looking around where I wanted to go today...dang....oh well...twas a fun morning. A lot maybe half...couple of buses, B fullish past the Honey Bucket station, lots of cars in C....so there must have been some folks on the mountain today...noticed one elk on the drive up somewhere?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.