Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/29 Happy Birthday for todays Bday challenged folks.

Crystal - 02/29 Happy Birthday for todays Bday challenged folks.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Feb 2024 14:47 #237070 by ddk
Ski Report - Ultra Short version YEE OUCH HAA GOLLY WHAT A DAY

Normal Short version - lots of deep snow, some folks thought it was kinda heavy from temps and wind effect. But it was pleasant on FQex for us...when you have groomers with boot top deep and almost knee deep off the edges, life can be good. Vis mostly good where we were, heard it was pretty fuzzy up top early, heard some opinions that the snow was kinda heavy up top, heard other things also? We can only hope for some other opinions!

Big wordy version of today -Pretty limited info from me...#1 and I skied only on FQex which I have to say had some nice grooming and some nice very deep edges...gave me a few happy powder turns...crowd light most of the morning on FQex. Think the lifts were running on fossil fuels today...all seemed loud and slow....SLOW? CHex first ride up took a very long time due to many stops and starts, worst of the season for me. Could have gone up REX early since we were in the first 100+ folks in CHex lineup (which I heard the lineup started at 7am....we got our place in line around 7:45...and I felt sad). I could have gone up CH 6 early also since it was loading and spinning when we got to the top of FQex...but...hhhmm? Two FQex runs later 6 had what I would call a massive bulb of a crowd...seen it longer, but never as wide...which was kinda like CHex which had a main lineup that was at least 10 folks wide and probably had more folks crambid in....Twas the biggest lineup for both CHex and The Bucket I've seen on a weekday this season (Bucket line wrapped all the way back to where you head to the Alpine Inn, CHex line went way back up the hill and it was very wide). Ended up bailing out at noon which might have been too early since the cams made lift line life look more tolerable when we got home.

Other - Paused in CB lodge kinda early for a quick break and then again later for normal break...I got a pizza which the half I still have will be pretty tasty later...cant remember what Hunter told me the soup of the day was...sounded maybe interesting...maybe? Pretty packed when we got out of there...

Other Other - Lordy there were a lot of folks at Crystal today...Pay lot was pushing 4/5th with two buses, B lot looked full, C was full, D was full, G had cars in it from what I could see, E was full, H looked pretty full!!!!! OUCH!!!! As one person noted it felt worse than a Saturday in peak January! Drive up was mostly okay with a small pack in front of us, drive down was ultra early and very pleasant....didn't see an Elk again, but the clearcut in the Ranch area is getting bigger. Would say I had some very fun moments and gotta say I had some not so fun moments...but we were skiing...and its always better skiing than lounging on the couch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.