Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/27 Great Day for #1

Crystal - 02/27 Great Day for #1

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
27 Feb 2024 16:19 #237043 by ddk
Ski Report - Felt cold, very early lineup, but not really that bad when CHex started loading...lots of the hard cores and others, no real lift lines noticed after first load, sort of fuzzy vis at times and even had some freezing goggles on one late morning run to the base. Skied all day with #1 (lots of GOLD stars and BROWNIE points! Right?) So, our day was mostly FQex which was pleasantly cold and had some nice deep untracked edges to sooth my brain. Really it was very nice. Lots of new cold snow...two 10" days in a row...wow! Did get to ski LS and MIFB very late morning for us...both skied pretty nicely....but standing at the bottom of PB really hurt my brain from the tracks I saw. I'm sure other folks could and should post big awesome happy ouch conditions....

Other - Two stops in CB lodge...one to warm up and one to eat left over very nice Chicken Noodle soup...we're lucky to find a place to sit...lodge was packed at noon...no pizza and maybe not a lot of other things.

Other Other - Pay lot was maybe 1/2 full, B had less cars than yesterday but still a bunch as did C lot....So there were a few folks at X-Tal again today. Drive up in the lowlands ice world was tense, 410 was 90% happy early with light traffic, drive down was 99% happy and no elk noticed again today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.