Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Blackcomb 2/26 - Mixed Bag

Blackcomb 2/26 - Mixed Bag

• CD
  • [CD]
More
26 Feb 2024 17:05 #237031 by CD
Blackcomb 2/26 - Mixed Bag was created by CD
Easy drive to Whistler yesterday with no wait at the border. Got on the Blackcomb gondie at 8:30 this morning. 10 person, many buckets through the station, and 50% faster than the bucket at the home mountain. No line. Once up top, only Jersey Cream was open that quickly built to a 10 minute line. Glacier, Crystal, and 7th Heaven didn’t open until 10, even though there was only 2 inches of snow overnight. Locals complaining about the crappy job Vail Resorts is doing. Seems to be a pattern. Once the rest of the mountain opened, no lift lines except 7th Heaven.

They need snow! Below mid mountain is bare except for snow making to the bottom. The Alpine is pretty good, although the big couloir was sketchy. Groomers were mostly good and off piste was a mixed bag. I had some good packed powder runs and some icy-throw-my-butt-around runs. We had a mix of sunny and snowy weather. Sounds like a big storm is coming in Tuesday night, but with warmer temperatures. That will help the Alpine, but not the base. Whistler tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CD
  • [CD]
More
26 Feb 2024 17:28 #237032 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Blackcomb 2/26 - Mixed Bag
Oh, ddk, forgot to mention LD had a very good bowl of chicken noodle soup for lunch.

More
26 Feb 2024 19:05 #237033 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Blackcomb 2/26 - Mixed Bag
Thanks LD... I've always seen Chick Soup with a half dozen others...Weird thing I've never had their Chick Soup! HUH? Always to many options up there....dang! One other question CD was the Couloir - Saudan? Dang that is a great run....glad its not Couloir Extreme anymore.