Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/22 Hamster Heaven

Crystal - 02/22 Hamster Heaven

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Feb 2024 14:55 #236994 by ddk
Crystal - 02/22 Hamster Heaven was created by ddk
Ski Report Short Version - Yee Haa fun, great grooming on Big Pro Course and MIFB, packed powder to what started firm, but turned into perfect carving softness in MIFB. Only did Rolling Knowls off of FQex. Did one LS early and then it was pretty much a treadmill of fun for the Hamster till I noticed the Amigos and Amigoet's skiing sunny side....YA! JD! twas a warm work out but with a few more bodies tomorrow it could be awesome. Hamster treadmill was GV Bowl center to just before pro course and then MIFB! Heaven for a hamster.

More words - Very nice blue skies early, great groomers, nice mostly mellow crowd since the Junior Hucksters were all out on the King which looked very nice for a comp today. No lift lines to speak off....only did one run down the Valley cause my view is GVex is running almost as slow as a fixed grip chair...my perception on ski time.

Other Other - Paused at CB lodge for way to long waiting for the new and "improved" more expensive pizza! Gotta say the crust was very good fresh out of the oven (Thanks Hunter!), but an extra buck? Its already twice as expensive as last year and only half as good. No clue on the soup today, but heard its Chicken Noodle day tomorrow! Guess I'm skiing tomorrow. No burgers again today - no loss for me. Lots of chicken fingers and round frys...

Other Other - Pay lot might have made half full with one bus, B had a lot of widely spaced rows that also might have been half full if only parking lot attendants were around, C had cars everywhere....hard to say how full...but there was definitely a few folks up today. Drive up and down was at happy speed control record setting times...didn't notice any Elk again but the guy in front of me on the way down got to talk to a WASP at the Ranch area...dang bugs. Big Fub Day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2024 15:09 #236995 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Crystal - 02/22 Hamster Heaven
Everything ddk said. As for GV running slow, that started in February last year and has continued all season this year. Finally talked to a knowledgeable lift operator. They said that when they run the chair full speed, it shuts down, so they don't do it. Through trial and error, they figured out the new slower speed to keep the chair running. I guess it's better than having a chair that stops all the time, but it does create lines when there shouldn't be any. What would be even better is if Crystal just fixed the chair.

See some of you tomorrow.

More
22 Feb 2024 15:25 #236996 by CMskier2
Replied by CMskier2 on topic Crystal - 02/22 Hamster Heaven
Glad we lured ddk onto Sunnyside, it needs, the whole Frontside needs, some skier grooming. Hear that you TAYers that don't post.

Remember the day C3 was closed in the morning for "maintenance"? Ever since, been running at fixed grip speed. Maybe whenever they finish the new lodge, they'll do some lift maintenance and replacement. Might be awhile, now hear june/july for an opening date.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Feb 2024 17:08 - 22 Feb 2024 17:10 #236998 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Crystal - 02/22 Hamster Heaven
Yaddda Yadddaaa! Great - almost - comments...but big question rumors I heard .....what was Cisco and K2 like? Or any other weird place you folks ski? Important info for random couple of dozen TAY folks that like reading stuff...I could have said more about the really big places....but I was sworn to not say on penalty of ? Great conditions skiing all in all for a very marginal season....how was Grubstake? Or other off the wall places that Mr CD likes to go...Low entry to BP's looked doableish - sorry Big Huge! Anyways just another comment to drive up looks! kinda like all that social media stuff....

sorry also what BB likes? Animal.
Last edit: 22 Feb 2024 17:10 by ddk. Reason: BB comment added.

More
22 Feb 2024 17:52 #236999 by BB
Replied by BB on topic Crystal - 02/22 Hamster Heaven
OK, OK. A lot of OK runs today. Cisco entry was a bit too fast for my level of control but pretty nice in the middle. The runout made it not worth a repeat. Enjoyed skiers right of Blazing Elk and the wide open area of West Face. I never got a line going on Grubber in 2 tries. Front side was OK (there's that OK again) but lots of bare spots. More snow please.