Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/21 SKIING!

Crystal - 02/21 SKIING!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
21 Feb 2024 17:12 #236986 by ddk
Crystal - 02/21 SKIING! was created by ddk
Ski Report - Short version...twas skiing....Yee Haaa! (its been a long week).

More words - Big flakes falling early...kinda damp...but top of CHex up was pretty pleasantly dry with almost sun at times? Couple of new damp inches made groomers off the top pleasant early...best Big Pro Course, very sweet, but since a comp was going on the Elk....all runs lead to MIFB which I gotta say was more IB than MF for me and the cold conditions overnight with a couple of inches of "warm" snow didn't hold up very nicely for me today. LS via the backside road was pleasant enough. #1 was having fun on FQex early even with the "massive" crowd - NOT! Didn't do anything off piste up top (or anywhere else). Didn't see many folks making it look good...except for the hucking kids for the comp.

Other - Paused to long again for a late morning CB visit...saw way too many regular "old" folks having fun....Very nice social with Scotsman and Myikat again (got to listen to them pointing each other in different back country runs for the afternoon! I enjoy getting second hand thrills!) Food? No pizza (dang), no burgers, soup was this season's never-ending soup - Tomato Bisque again (yuk)...I made the mistake of having the new version of the Vegan Curry Squash over a too big bowl of rice.... probably good...but...not ever again for me.

Other Other - A lot was 80% empty with a couple of buses, B looked like total stupid parking and not very full, C had a bunch of cars all over the lot... Drive up was later than normal but still plenty early, drive down was late afternoon....well left Crystal at 1pm...ha ha...Might need to get new contacts, cause we didn't notice any Elk again today....did see a really nice big new clearcut just before the Ranch area....Twas a fun day even with mid winter break and junior hucking contests.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2024 20:41 #236988 by Carbonj
Replied by Carbonj on topic Crystal - 02/21 SKIING!
As above great condtions, Southback is stellar, north faces okay but SE was great go get it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.