Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/12 Happy President Lincolns Birthday

Crystal - 02/12 Happy President Lincolns Birthday

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 Feb 2024 16:29 #236948 by ddk
Ski Report - Ultra light crowd, couple new on decent groomers...well on FQex early since I skied with #1 all morning. Only negative was a lite fog mist that was kinda freezing nasty on goggles at the top of FQex and also at the top of REX. Vis was mostly good but also fuzzy at times. Did get one run up in the Valley and a couple down LS. Always think that GVex is running kinda slow. Coverage is better but still pretty thin in places. Twas kinda damp when we bailed around 1pm.

Other - Thought about eating up top, but with no views why? Thought about eating at CB lodge but they were not cooking any food today, so why eat there....the heat was on full blast at CB....So we tried Rafters...#1 had a glut free burger and I had pork sliders (still have one left to eat). Food was good, but based on when we arrived the food arrival was ultra slow....especially the custom fries for #1.

Other Other - Easy late drive up in the morning, finally saw some Elk butts in the big clear cut just passed the Fire station. Drive down was mostly happy till the typical nasty in the Maple Valley area...Twas a much more fun day than Feb 12 last year up at Baker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2024 18:58 #236950 by Binx
Special day @ Crystal Mtn. today!
Happy Birthday ddk!!!
It's a big one. 70

More
12 Feb 2024 20:40 #236951 by myikat
Happy bday ddk- don't look a day over 80! I spent the day doing loops into A basin. NE aspects were pretty good if you could see the frozen rollerballs off the rocks and debris piles from naturals. Vis was pretty bad. By myself so didn't venture into Silver. If it clears up tomorrow could be fun. South aspects had a bit of a breakable crust.

More
12 Feb 2024 20:42 #236952 by myikat
PS anything over 20 degrees sloughed so do ski cuts before you drop in or ski fast.