Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 02/08 Big Day for #1

Crystal - 02/08 Big Day for #1

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Feb 2024 16:01 #236924 by ddk
Crystal - 02/08 Big Day for #1 was created by ddk
Ski Report - Very nice all in all, grromming very nice, not to many rocks on Piste, mostly nice vis where we were...most of the time. #1 had a very big day, got her up top and down MIFB more than once today...MIFB was more MF than IB. Some almost sun, some fog, nice light crowd overall, lifts spinning and not stopping, though GVex seems to be running slower than it should (lift opps were not sure about anything). Had a lot of fun both when I was solo and when I was skiing with #1....the EXP's had a really big fun day today. Got my most vert for a day this season and we didnt pull out of the parking lot till way late afternoon...well 1:30 which is late for us. Have heard lots of comments from folks that do not post that the last two days were very nice...new snow this week has improved the grim conditions and Crystal is now making some snow in the base area with the cold temps.

Other - Took a break at CB lodge, #1 had some chili (to spicy for her), I had a very nice sausage and stuff pizza (got half in the fridge...yee haa). CB lodge seems to have had some focus group meetings about food...more variety of pizza for the masses, a couple of soups I can not remember what they were? But they were not Tomato Bisque (another YEEE HAAA). And the heat was on in the lodge.

Other Other - A lot was mostly empty with at least one bus from Gig Harbor, B had cars but not all the way to the Honey Bucket station, C had cars...how many? Drive up this morning was very pleasant though I noticed a couple of slippery spots on the Blvd....drive down was ultra happy at speed....till we got to the 4 corners area by Tahoma High School - ouch oh me...pain in the.....Otherwise a very nice day and we did not see any Elk again? Going blind? Nice to drive up when its mostly light out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.