Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Stevens 1/30 Tue Eerie

Stevens 1/30 Tue Eerie

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
30 Jan 2024 16:44 #236887 by Quick foot
Stevens 1/30 Tue Eerie was created by Quick foot
The place was empty, it was just eerie. There was a time when I was on Skyline when it looked like I was the only person on the chair. Lots of runs I would see nobody on the way down. Off of the groomed it was just soft enough to get an edge in but all the ruts and chicken heads were firm so I spent 90% of my time on the groomers. The groomers were in fine shape. No ice, no big slush piles and a few proto bumps on some of the runs to make things more interesting. Because of the extreme avalanche danger they were blasting all day. Skiers right of skyline under the seventh heaven chair was closed so you had to ski down the Ridge. Tye, double diamond in the backside we're closed. I only had two runs with mist heavy enough to need the skigee, the rest of the time visibility was pretty good. One could see all the way to the top of Seventh Heaven except for right when I was quitting, around 2 o'clock. I skied for about four hours with a 30 minute break in there somewhere. It was surprisingly good and an enjoyable time. The drive up and back was about the best I've had in a long while.

The attached pictures are of some inbounds avalanches. The first one is lookers right of the Tye mill chair. The second is from the top most steep place on Skyline.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.