Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 01/29 Yee Haa Great Spring Day!

Crystal - 01/29 Yee Haa Great Spring Day!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Jan 2024 15:00 #236884 by ddk
Ski Report -Short report ! OUCH FUN! Great spring skiing.

Way to Wordy report - Took the Coombas based on ultra warm temps....first run backside cat track to LS and LS itself made me pretty tense on the ultra firm frozen snow...(did Chicken Shot around the steeper pitches of LS first run...ouch!). So headed over with the rest of the whimps to FQex which was also bullet proof grooming - but less scary...Did a few runs down Queens and Downhill which improved with skiers scrapping off the top layer of ice. Sun got warmer and brighter so headed back to REX just in time for the fun times to kick in....a great spring March kinda day at the end of January! Great nice sized bumps on LS and happy bumps in the Valley on the way to very happy bumps in MIFB. Beat myself up on repeats till it was time to head to CB lodge for the promised Chicken Noodle soup (Thanks Hunter! it was very very good). After that happy pause headed back to REX for more LS and MIFB bump laps! Made it till late afternoon - well pulled out of the empty parking lots at 1pm....need to save a little muscle for tomorrow it its anything like today.

Other - As noted CB lodge had Chicken Noodle for me today! and it was very good, thanks again Hunter!. CB had heat and the views of the King were nice.

Other other - The big rain event pretty much decimated Crystal...kinda looks like early December again with added bonus of all the snow sliding off of PB and Hamburger in some tree clearing slides! Lots of brown snow and rocks and bare spots all over the place. As noted the parking lots were all pretty empty and there were no lifts lines after the early three chair rushi on CHex...And the drive up and down really felt like late March - at happy speed on dry pavement. Did not notice any Elk again today. Twas a very happy morning....think my quads are gonna hurt.a Lookin forward to tomorrow it the weather holds as promised...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.