Crystal - 01/18 Fun

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Jan 2024 15:23 - 18 Jan 2024 16:44 #236817 by ddk
Crystal - 01/18 Fun was created by ddk
Ski Report - Kinda a weird day for us...very nice snow quality in various places - LS, GV, FQex runs and some of the best-groomed quality with 2 to 4 new? Stump farm and Skid row (or what its called these days)...got a couple of extra runs out of #1 down there....other stuff - FQex was having start and stop and ultra slow running today...plus the big head wind that felt ultra cold? Telemetry don't look that bad? Felt the coldest I've skied this season...But when skiing REX the extra ski turning time made it feel a little warmer. Still nice day and we did have fun....and I am very sure other folks had an even bigger fun day (like I heard about PB). Skiing - Yee Haa!

Other - Stopped into CB lodge ultra early for a "warm" up....NOT! No heat and nobody around that knew how to turn it on....ouch! Nothing like wearing all your ski clothes inside to stay warm...Do to that and FQex we never made it back to check what the soup was today - dang.

Other Other - A lot was pushing past 3/4 with one bus at the base end, B had cars way past the Honey Bucket station, seem to remember seeing lots of cars in C lot...Drive up was extra early cause of the unknown road ice...twas actually pretty okay. Drive down was 80% okay till we bumped into a 30 car cluster following a "very" safe drive....more snow on the road below Fed Forest than above. Didn't notice any elk in the morning dark.

PS late stupid update...about stuff....we had a mid day lunch at the ELK! First time I have been down there for lunch in 20+ years (maybe)....mainly cause it was a short
walk from the truck...very good, very loud partying, #1 had a Chicken Curry Rice thingy (lots of curry and kinda spicy)....I had a Goulash bowl that was tasty and I've been tasting it for a while since....it was good...but....anyways that is the extra update...sorry I forgot to post orginally.....
Last edit: 18 Jan 2024 16:44 by ddk. Reason: ps comment added for the ELK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.