Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 01/16 Ouch Version Three!

Crystal - 01/16 Ouch Version Three!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Jan 2024 14:57 #236806 by ddk
Ski Report - Pretty nice where #1 and I skied today when we finally got to start skiing at 10 am! Groomers very nice with the kinda almost light crowd, off piste I did was happy enough on the Combas (probably should have brought the K2 EXP's). Nice weather big views, great clouds blowing up high, light crowds on the lifts even with all the lifts running on diesel - stinky.

Other - Bad part about today? Xtal had no power connection to the base area! Ever been in a bathroom that is darker than a closet at night? Think I might start carrying a headlamp. Sad part was having to wait till almost 10am before CHex started loading...allowed the late arrivals to queue up. Haven't sat around up in the Rafters (or a lodge) waiting for the rain to stop in a very long time. But once the lifts started loading it was a very pleasant middle day ski....Passed through CB lodge for a warm up ish and bathroom break....nice and warm in the lodge...but sorry can't sell you any food cause the wifi to the base is down??? But they were allowing free Hot Chocolate!

Other Other - When we left A lot was pushing past 3/4, B was full to the Honey Bucket station and C was cars all over the place...so a few folks showed up today. Drive up and down was mostly happy at speed....#1 noticed one random elk in what I thought was a really random spot. Apparently, a major power line craped out between the on mountain power station and the base lodges....yikes! Otherwise it was a fun day....#1 wants to go tomorrow....on a nasty powder frenzy day?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.