Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 01/11 Stormy Fun Day

Crystal - 01/11 Stormy Fun Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 Jan 2024 15:08 #236781 by ddk
Crystal - 01/11 Stormy Fun Day was created by ddk
Ski Report - Yee Haa, great quality snow, groomers I did had lots of new untracked, off piste was incredibly nice...did my first Door of the season and SunnySide a couple of times. Did a few LS runs early with a lucky good vis run down MIFB which was definitely not IB, also skied BS skiers left side for the first time this season and it was very happy. Skied a few runs over on FQex for #1 and looking for Binx. To repeat the snow quality is great and the Combas were ultra happy as I was riding along with them. Snowing most of the morning which between that and the wind blowing up valley was filling in everything very nicely...great morning, by far the best of the season for me.

Other - Stopped into CB lodge which was filling up early and fast, heat was running, food was sort of prepping. Soup was Tomato Bisque again (ugh), did get a Peperoni pizza which was pleasant especially the leftovers on the drive down. CB lodge was packed when I left there, lift lines were not to painful today....actually lots of folks would say no lift lines at all, especially compared to yesterday hell.

Other Other - A lot was at least 3/4, B looked to be 2/3 and lots of cars in C lot clustered around the Honey Bucket station. Drive up early was dark and snowy and white on the road and not to painfully slow except for the last straight away before the Blvd where snow blowing off the trees turned the world into a total white out...could barely see the car in front of me....Drive down at 1pm should have been pleasant, but one person was driving 40 ish all the way to Greenwater where praise the lord she pulled off to look at her phone...if not for the 30 cars following her it would have been a nice drive down. Fun day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.