Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 01/10 Ouch Version 2

Crystal - 01/10 Ouch Version 2

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Jan 2024 14:59 #236778 by ddk
Crystal - 01/10 Ouch Version 2 was created by ddk
Ski Report - Great quality snow that I and #1 got to ski...all on FQex Queens run to Slow Silver slope...coverage great...only negative was the biggest weekday crowd since the covid area started...OUCH! Expected some extra participation...but OUCH! Massive ultra early crowd that had to stand around a long time this morning (and a lot of jerk line cutting by late arrivals that new somebody, anybody in the lineup). Skied the good Coombas today and let #1 take her fav skis...rocks? not noticed where we skied. Groomers looked like it was a challenging night....foot deep at least on the edges of what was groomed. Early I thought it would be one run and done, but the lineup was small enough for FQex and most folks were standing in the Bucket line or the REX lineup or Chair 6 the last time we passed by. Twas fun what we skied but....looked like if we had stuck it out things might have mellowed enough to enjoy it...but.....

Other - Drove up earlier than usual just in case...and it was not early enough, fair crowd waiting at the CHex lineup (and the bucket) at 7:30...felt like opening day of the season. Parking was kinda a mess cause of a lack of employees (who probably could not get to Crystal this morning). I've never seen the Bucket lineup serpentine around all over the place and halfway up Disco flats?

Other Other - When we left A lot was 90% full, B, C D and E where all full and there was lots of traffic heading up....Drive up was white road from Mud Mt and sadly just a big enough pack of whimps following someone who never could be nice and pull over. Drive down was bare pavement and at happy speed...Since we left early got to try the food for lunch at Kraines Corner - pretty good all in all, but repeat sometime?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.