Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 01/08 Nuking Snow Day

Crystal - 01/08 Nuking Snow Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Jan 2024 15:12 #236761 by ddk
Crystal - 01/08 Nuking Snow Day was created by ddk
Ski Report - Core area pretty abused by the weekend crowds, skied the Rock Coombas for the first time in many moons...definitely different than the BMW's, but after a couple of warm up runs on GVex and REX everything seemed to work again. Fun day, snowing hard most of the day (telemetry was not working early), grooming was good in the Valley and LS and a number of runs that Binx allowed me to ski with him on his big first day of the season - very fun. Saw a lot of the "regulars" today. Snow quality on my last run-down Queens/Snowgarden/Slow Silver (for #1) was very nice with the new snow. Twas windy and cold up top, no lift lines on REX and FQex and I stayed away from GVex after the early morning and Northway - so no clue about them.

Other - Took a way to long of a social in CB lodge for a late break, not much food available...apparently the food truck didn't make it up today and there was not much heat in CB again today. Think they had a couple of bowls of Tomato stuff and pizza was getting cooked but that was about it.

Other Other -Arrived ultra early to beat the slow traffic on 410 which had snow from Mud Mt....bad part was that I had to sit outside since the condom does not open till 8am? Ouch! Lots of snow on my truck when I left the A lot pushing a third full, B full to the Honey Buket station and cars all over the place in C....And then I noticed a sign of the drive down...big truck with a very big trailer was parked across the blvd by the upper entrance to the G lot - guy was putting chains on to get out of the mess. Heard the blvd was a disaster on Saturday. Caught up with a kinda slow pack at the bottom of the blvd and then it was pretty much a stupid drive down to the Ranch area when I finally got past the person doing 35 and the 5 cars behind it...OUCH! Nice drive from there on with snow on the road down way past Fed Forest. Twas still a fun day before the big blow tomorrow.... think it will be a quad rest day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CMAC
  • [Faroutadventure]
More
09 Jan 2024 13:38 #236763 by CMAC
Replied by CMAC on topic Crystal - 01/08 Nuking Snow Day
Lots of snow coming. Get your fat skis waxed.

• CMAC
  • [Faroutadventure]
More
09 Jan 2024 15:46 #236764 by CMAC
Replied by CMAC on topic Crystal - 01/08 Nuking Snow Day
Either 150, 127 or 115 under foot for the new snow
Attachments: