Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 01/04 YEEE HAAA!

Crystal - 01/04 YEEE HAAA!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
04 Jan 2024 16:18 #236745 by ddk
Crystal - 01/04 YEEE HAAA! was created by ddk
Ski Report - Great morning, light crowd, boot top deep in places in the Valley...Skier right side pushing Pro Course areas was very happy, grooming is now impressive with lots of runs up top groomed and LS has been groomed the last couple of days....still pretty scrapped down to ice my last run down it....but way better than the last time I saw it in the distant past. Crowds pretty light, no lift line to speak of. Morning was filtered sun with smoke new snow early...but by 10:30 the weather was a changing...greying up, misty stuff which turned into baby ice pellets...guads were complaining so it was time for a CB lodge visit. After that time out did a run for #1 down Queens to Snowgarden to Slow Silver....pretty nice all in all but the lower mountain was gettin pretty damp and warm...might not be as nice tomorrow. Big fun day for my first real ski day this season - sad! Saw a lot of the "real" hard core skiers today...didn't even try to ski with the Fireman....lots of the big skiers were doing PB laps and from what I saw they skied it great. Skied the BMW's for what might be their last day of the season...coverage is greatly improved for folks in the know.

Other - Stopped into CB lodge way to long, no pizza, crappy soup (all the staff was talking up the Roasted Squash Curry with lots of stuff? Vegy version with tofu chunks) ...ugh! Twas not my fav...but I started the Chicken Noodle soup push for the folks that don't know me. Nice social for way too long.

Other Other - A lot was pushing 30%, B was sort of full to the Honey Bucket station, C had lots of cars pretty much everywhere. Drive up and down was mostly pleasant after gettin past a few tourists, bare pavement and I didn't notice any elk, but heard that some were in the Village area. Big Fun Day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CMAC
  • [Faroutadventure]
More
06 Jan 2024 15:14 - 06 Jan 2024 15:15 #236747 by CMAC
Replied by CMAC on topic Crystal - 01/04 YEEE HAAA!
Pretty good skiing . Today (Saturday) will be a shit show. Weekends are out for me. Still trying to get my ski legs back after laying off for a couple years
Last edit: 06 Jan 2024 15:15 by CMAC. Reason: Entered wrong day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.