Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Mt. Baker Ski Area 12/25

Mt. Baker Ski Area 12/25

• Bill
  • [big bill]
More
26 Dec 2023 07:33 - 26 Dec 2023 07:34 #236706 by Bill
Mt. Baker Ski Area 12/25 was created by Bill
With “ low expectations and high Din settings” the wife and I loaded the rig to get some Christmas turns in. From the start it was more about the ride to the mountains together than skiing knee deep fluff today. Every ski area need snow right now. A light mist welcomed us to a front row spot, perfect for us old folks. Boots on and loaded the lift right at 10. All of the cat track traverses have been worked over by the cats trying to make the best out “ Paper Thin” coverage. Top of 5 skied well with the best snow on the hill ( right now). But alas, to get back to the mid level area to reload was not fun or good on equipment as the cat track kitty litter was epic. The Eskimos have about 1000 words to describe different types of snow conditions, today they would’ve been speechless. I am sure there is good coverage out there to ski, it’s just beyond the lift serve area. I plan on throwing a one person think snow party tonight in A Town. Bring it Ullr, bring it.
Baker is still the Valhalla of the Northwest, it was great to be in the cathedrals of the mountains with my wife.
Better to be in the mountains thinking of God, than to be in church thinking of the mountains.
Last edit: 26 Dec 2023 07:34 by Bill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.