Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 12/15 Another Spring Day

Crystal - 12/15 Another Spring Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 Dec 2023 15:05 - 15 Dec 2023 16:44 #236682 by ddk
Ski Report - Mostly sunny to start with big views...More grooming last night which also provided more rock skiing in places....mainly on LS run. GV grooming included Little Pro Course/Bills Face/West Face and main line runs under Grubstake area. Skied the icy bumps on LS after a couple of nasty Chicken Shot by passes - bumps were nice and icy just like the old days skiing with the Amigos (they used to love them). Rode up FQex to see what was happening - also more grooming, somewhat better. Got to ski with and talk to a few more of the regulars including the Ferk! Nice to see him today. Cant see how Crystal will survive through the weekend and holidays with out some actual real snow. Had fun, beat up my quads and bad left knee...set a new STD vert total for a day...not saying much! Got to ski some bumps, got to see big views and didnt have to feal bad about not doing chores at home all day!

Other - Checked out conditions in CB lodge! Tomato bisque was the soup (ugh! but heard comments about the Chicken Noodle soup guy?). Pizza was available and it was good but the new deal is 8" personal pan pizzas that are twice as expensive as last year....Ouch! Plus I had a very tasty pastry with green stuff and ricotta cheese that was very good...but when I looked at my receipt for the cost? Bigger ouch! Ouch! Did treat Crystals Stein Eriksen - Ross to a Peperoni pizza for his birthday yesterday (my pizza was a tasty vegy that I ate half of on the drive down).

Other other - A lot was 3/4 empty when I left, B lot was full to the Honey Bucket station, C had cars mostly clustered around that Honey Bucket station. Drive up and down was spring quality driving with a few folks hauling Xmas trees or big logs. Did not notice any Elk (ungulate rodents) again today.

PS Skied the BMW's for the third time this season...worked great even with the lack of sharp edges (or not really any edges)....just looked at them and no rust on the edges (ha ha!) and amazingly no rock damage? Skied across a lot of gravel areas today! Only plus would have been if they had really sharp edges! Life would be better...Yee Haa! I do love skiing no matter the conditions!...except maybe rain!!!
Last edit: 15 Dec 2023 16:44 by ddk. Reason: ps comment added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CMAC
  • [Faroutadventure]
More
20 Dec 2023 10:44 #236692 by CMAC
Replied by CMAC on topic Crystal - 12/15 Another Spring Day
What color coat and goggles are you in these days? I will be on the lookout for you. This is the old lift op Chuck. Took a break for a while , but back on the mountain. Post a selfie for id purposes.
Attachments:

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Dec 2023 12:44 #236694 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Crystal - 12/15 Another Spring Day
I'm wearing a red coat these days and still have the floppy Wapiti hat (lots of helmet grief based on other folks head banging issues)...migjht be up Friday...and if not looks line next Wednesday....Have a great X-Mass. Send a note thru the TAY msg system. Picture is a funny thing....Ask BINX.

• CMAC
  • [Faroutadventure]
More
20 Dec 2023 16:24 #236699 by CMAC
Replied by CMAC on topic Crystal - 12/15 Another Spring Day
Wapiti hats are good . I still have one. No helmet here. I like the old school look.