Crystal - 05/13 Big Hot

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 May 2023 17:35 #236499 by ddk
Crystal - 05/13 Big Hot was created by ddk
Ski Report - Ultra soft from the start this morning....what grooming happened was not really impressive because of the warm temps overnight...only area I noticed as firm was West Face area to the bottom of GVex.  Arrived ultra early to snag the 1st bucket and beat some of the crowd.  GV Bowl skied deep and mushy with lots of left-over traverse lines from last weekend.  The banked slalom slots were all over the place - down Grubstake and at least to the left side of the main groomed run down the Valley from GVex...Would have liked to ski longer than an hour but the GVex line blew up pretty early and the Bucket had lots of folks still coming up as I bailed out.   Did spend a while sitting in a lounge chair at the top looking at the Big Bump.  Twas kinda fun and definitely warm.

Other - Drove up on empty roads with a long  elk in Greenwater and a heard at the Village area.  Special folks parking was more massive than all season and totally empty when I left...looks like pay parking is over...all of A was full when I left, B was full to the shuttle stop and C had a lot of cars parked all over the place...lots of tourist and lots of folks riding the snow in skimpy outfits.  Drive down was pleasant with a lot of uphill traffic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.