Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/29 Another Great Spring Day

Crystal - 04/29 Another Great Spring Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Apr 2023 18:10 #236468 by ddk
Ski Report - Warm sunny day from the start, very soft snow everywhere, grooming was not as perfect cause of the warm soft snow overnight, MIFB was not groomed but the baby bumps from yesterday were great from my first run and just got softer and nicer all morning.  Bigger crowd today showing lots of skin.  Only skied REX today, rode more times on full chairs than all season.  Skiing solo allowed me to find triples or doubles to jump to the front of the lineup.  Great spring slush fun, the Coombas were very happy.  Patrol did more bombing of PB yesterday evening....there is almost no snow in powder bowl any more....its all filling up the basin where Little Portello used to be....the slides have cleared out more of the trees in BP's.  Last Saturday for REX....so sad....there is more snow on the mountain than I've seen in many many years....when Crystal  has to use cats at the base to remove snow to prep for projects around the base area and digging out the road heading up valley....it is definitely very sad!

Other -  Paused at the Summit lodge to check the soup of the day as I was leaving...Minestrone.  Crowd up top was big with lots of tourist and snow riders.  A lot was full when I left, B was full past the shuttle stop and C looked to be pushing fullish.  Drive up this morning was record fast for me, didn't notice any elk, did see where yesterday's sad accident happened.  Drive down was pleasantly fast till I got down in lowlands.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.