Baker

• Bill
  • [big bill]
More
14 Apr 2023 17:50 - 15 Apr 2023 05:20 #236447 by Bill
Baker was created by Bill
I pulled out of A Town at dawn, the Sun was big as it peaked over the North Cascades as I headed to the big 5 north to B Ham, ( no elk) as I made the right hand turn onto the Mt. Baker Beltway East bound. Easy drive on dry roads had me slipping through Valhalla ( Glacier) in no time at all. Front row parking is now the norm,  the parking lot was agin full of that world famous Mt. Baker vibe.  Just down to earth old school skier/ boarder types.  A nice mix of young and old. 
the mountains were out everywhere and shukson was like a cathedral piercing the sky. Up 8 and ripping the groom was on my plate today but not for the young and strong, the Arm was getting tracked up and the cold smoke plumes was tell tale to the quality of the snow. 
i have come to understand that turns are like prayers that we offer up to respect the people whom we’ve shared the mountains with.
It was good to run into a true hard core legend today on the hill, Frank the master boot fitter (backcountry essential)) was on the hill and I had chance to thank him for doing my boots. 
baker is skiing well, 

Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Apr 2023 05:20 by Bill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.