Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/14 Last Regular Season Friday and Almost a Real Spring Day Finally

Crystal - 04/14 Last Regular Season Friday and Almost a Real Spring Day Finally

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Apr 2023 16:55 #236446 by ddk
Ski Report - Short version...almost a real spring fun day...twas fun...but the amazing snowpack everywhere that will not get skied next week is so sad....don't remember many seasons were the last full week of operation was whiter than this season.

Wordy ski report - Fired up small crowd at the base of CHex this morning...Bluebird sky with big views....I think The Big Volcano was out....hhhmmm? Might not have noticed...ha ha...Groomers were incredibly immense and nice...Pro Course, MIFB, LS, BS (steep and smooth and very spring soft as the morning warmed in the BIG sun), #1 said FQex runs were happy nice early, no lift lines where we went today, but the downhill racer end of season crowd was definitely cranking the speed oh meter - kinda like driving I5...big pack crowd and then nobody!  Mr Ross said lower Ferk/Bull was excellent early and we both did it at different times...it was part of my last run of the day.  We went out far north to Huckelberry area that had multiple groomed runs coming down from Northway chair....Sluiceway was nice for me as was lower E bump heaven....I worked again today to pound a happy line in GV Bowl and it was actually better than yesterday for me.  Didn't notice much repeat activity out south on the King or in PB though there was finally a main center line that was getting prime for skiing...sadly only two more lazy days to ski it.

Other - Paused in a fridged CB lodge for a typical break....no heat,  no gas, no pizza,  no soup, no hot food for the masses...so ouchy typically sad Crystal SITUATION...but the staff did give me half a very excellent sandwich -  gotta say it was very tasty whatever it was...thanks Timber! 

Other Other - A lot was completely packed when we left with the late arrivals doing lots of laps through the parking lot...B and C looked like close to maxed out...where were all those folks? - Drive up and down at happy spring end of season speed.... noticed random elk in random places?  Biggest herd was again at Kraines Corner flower farm...at least 20 elk this morning?  Didn't see any flowers yet.  And for Binx today was a very situationally nice situation kinda day if you have to suffer a day of situations.... ha ha.... And I assume Mr EH was pushing the EH repeats through the roof today again since it was so situationally nice!....Depending on what situation you were in....Not ready to quit!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.