Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/12 Last Wednesday at Crystal

Crystal - 04/12 Last Wednesday at Crystal

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 Apr 2023 15:21 #236440 by ddk
Ski Report - Shortish version...better overall vis, better overall visible grooming that you could see, more folks on the slopes but still not bad with no lift lines. Didn't do any off piste (or very little as a test and it didn't entice me to do more). For me it was mostly Pro Course to MIFB - great early and LS just to check it out.  Fun day for the last Wednesday of the Crystal ski season.  

Wordy version - Happy small early crowd of mostly hard cores, felt pretty cold early and I cant say I ever got over heated today...mainly do to skiing screamer fast groomers.  Vis looked good early but it was kinda in and out on the front side do to a north easterly wind...kept GV in the filtered sun.  #1 started on FQex and said she was having fun.  We skied mid-morning in the Valley and out SnortElk way plus some LS runs.  We both did Lower Ferks at different times - #1 earlier and part of my last run....twas okay when I did it but probably better earlier. Heard big comments about how great Hamburger and PB were today - maybe not?  But also how actually great they were yesterday.

Other - Took a break at CB lodge and bumped into Scotsman and wife, nice to see them both again.  Soup was Chicken Noodle with extra andouille to spice it up...still good.... Pizza which I'll still be eating this evening was a meat lovers extraordinary great pizza!  Crowd pretty light in the lodge.  

Other Other - A lot was pretty full especially do to the Sturtevant's barbeque in the middle of the lot..smelled great and was  very busy!  A was pushing full, B had  cars to the shuttle stop, C had a fair number of cars.  Drive up and down was happy at record pace with lots of elk on both sides of Greenwater this morning.  Fun day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2023 15:59 #236441 by CD
Others may disagree with me, but Hamburger and Powder Bowl were definitely not great.  In fact, I'd rate them pretty terrible today.  In search of some form of powder, we traversed across the massive slide below Rock Face to get to the narrow slice of untracked snow over in Neanderthal.  About killed ourselves getting across the avie debris, and in the end, not worth a repeat.

Not the best day for me to end the season, but travel to warmer climates is booked.

To all the ski buds in the big white tent in the morning, have a great summer and get some more turns for me.  EH John, 140 baby!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 Apr 2023 21:36 #236442 by ddk
Actually CD I heard from BB and JD how much they didn't enjoy those runs....just tried to get you to post,..worked maybe?  What I would like to know is how good the Cash was Mr Scotsman?  Or Southback Mr Ex Fireman? or who was the person I saw skiing Outer Ferks making it look awsome....I was afraid to check it out since it might have hurt my fragile mental state....Have fun CD in the hopefully hot south...maybe when mountain biking finally starts for me, we can ride with Binx and others at Henrys Ridge?  June? Maybe for me?