Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/11 Last Tuesday and Tay Works!

Crystal - 04/11 Last Tuesday and Tay Works!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 Apr 2023 19:01 #236439 by ddk
Ultra late report due to TAY not working....anyway...

Ski Report -Short version...not a big spring sunny day...actually a nonstop snowstorm while I was skiing and gotta say it kept gettin better and deeper all morning....But  dang it not what we should  be skiing this time of the year...dang it! But gotta say it was still a fun day! Some good grooming when you could see it and probably great off piste if you were brave....but...not me...

To many words report -
 Another dang snowy working on powder day...double dang...where is any kind of real spring skiing conditions this spring?....But don't mis construe my whiny comment....Twas another better than expected day - mostly groomer screaming kind of day....mainly cause of lack of trust about off piste conditions and marginal vis from all that dang snow fall....which was pretty impressive till  my very late Cinderella Witching hour....aaaahhh noonish...did make it to 1pm and it was still nuking snow which covered the inside of my truck.  Oh, ski conditions...way better than expected, would have been even bigger if the vis had been better early and if I had known that the big snow boulders on upper mountain were actually soft... But when you could see it, it was a very nice day...Me? Multi rodent runs down Pro Course (!Excellent) to MIFB which  was good when you could see the slop....bumped into The Ferkinator which always expands my rodent treadmill...he made me do Elksnort to Sluseway to lower left Berry Patch to a very for me fun lower E which was still soft and not frozen enough to be able to still ski...just wish I'd had the Coombas at that time...but the EXP's skied most of what I did happily which was good since the base layer under the new was smooth and pretty firm. Only did one  FQex run but it was nice snow on Downhill to Rolling Knolls...Quality of the snow was getting better all morning, but pretty skied off and icy in lots of main line runs mid day.  With big overnight grooming it should be pretty big leftovers tomorrow.  

Other - Did a late break  at CB lodge...kinda busy, but I got a custom Chicken Noodle with Andouille sausage...kinda spicy but very good....went back for todays special pizza - still eating it....A Vegy/Lamb/other things slice, and it is very good right now. 

Other Other -A lot both special and payers was pretty empty, a few rows in B and C was clustered around the shuttle stop. Lots of elk rodents this morning but mostly happily off munching next to the road from before Fed Forest past Greenwater.  Drive up and down nice and bare spring pavement at cruise control speed....All in all a very Fun day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.