Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/03 Another Wintery Day

Crystal - 04/03 Another Wintery Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
03 Apr 2023 14:54 #236416 by ddk
Ski Report - Shortish version.... brail skiing my first 3 runs off of REX....then heaven shot a sun bolt on to the upper mountain long enough to fire up my world...fresh layer of new over the weekend leftovers was very nice (plus the leftovers where I went were awsome) .... everything was great once you could see it. No lift lines - well on REX/FQex/HC.  My glass was way over half full today - twas very fun.

Wordy version - Arrived typically ultra early, fairly small CHex  lineup early, as noted the first half hour was marginal vis... but when it improved it was Hamster Heaven...sun beam allowed for a nice GV Bowl bump run that led me to the ungroomed Plunge run! Which got me to MF then SS, then BP, then a late Door and a few more GV Bowl and MIFB runs ( it was very nice with good vis) ...which allowed me to head to FQex for my typical CB lodge visit....and after a too long social break there it was a very pleasant just good enough vis down PB!  Apparently, I was lucky today since I never bumped into any hard objects under the blanket of dang nice powder - kinda wish it would go away and we would get the rest of the season  with nothing but big sunny "real" spring days...oh well, gotta take what you get as long as it isn't rain!  And it was snowing pretty hard off and on early.  Dang it was a mighty fine day.

Other - Paused for too long of a social at CB lodge...soup I had was homemade Green Pea with ham (looked like Canadian bacon, but it was still good), pizza slice I have in the fridge for later snacking is a Mozzarella/Steak/Bell Peppers and other tasty things.  Arrived kinda late and by the time I left the lodge was pretty busy.

Other Other - Very pleasant drive up, with a couple of areas that had snow falling hard and turning the road white...WADOT looks to be kinda done for the season since the ice piles on the road the last couple of miles to the BLVD were pretty frozen solid.  Drive down was mostly pleasant except for one cluster of sheep behind a Sunday driver.  I never noticed any elk today but heard some were noticed by others.   Excellent day all in all, looking forward to tomorrow with #1.  Everybody wish Binx a speedy recovery from whatever sickness he has!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2023 15:40 #236417 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Crystal - 04/03 Another Wintery Day
Not much to add other than there was some hard stuff under what appeared to be nice powder.  But as the snow got skied in and you could see the hard bumps, it was fine.  Also, Chinook went down again today stranding people on the chair for 30 minutes.  When they got it running again on diesel (which was weird as there was no other power outage on the mountain), patrol was handing out vouchers to those stranded.  Not sure what their prize was.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.