Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/29 Not a Big Sunny Spring Day

Crystal - 03/29 Not a Big Sunny Spring Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Mar 2023 14:52 #236405 by ddk
Ski Report - Ouch! Not what many folks expected or hoped for.... Not much sun, just a few sun breaks and some good mid-day vis....early - OUCH!  Variable unknown conditions with marginal vis... Grooming probably good when you could see it...some would call it boiler plate to piles of cut up windblown snow to ?????. Twas somewhat challenging early...but brain started working, vis got better, #1 showed up early at Rex to help chill the situation and ski life improved.  We did have fun and the crowds were golfing somewhere else.  Looked promising for some sun early, but that rapidly faded away with some more mid-day promise - per #1 typical Crystal Sucker Hole conditions.   Still a lot more fun than yesterday...got to ski the upper mountain, some good, some not so good...fortunately our skis seem to have sharp enough edges.... Finished my day skiing Big Pro Course (excellent with vis) to MIFB which again with good vis was happy ice carving to pile of snow dodging at the bottom.  No lift lines and light crowd since the season is mostly over for the crowds. Fun day all in all...just waiting for another "real" spring day hopefully before May 1st!

Other - Paused at CB lodge way earlier than I would have preferred...but the excellent cook crew had some soups for us - me Chicken/Andouille homemade Gumbo which was very good...#1 had Tomato Bisque which might have been not out of a bag, and she liked it.  Rumor is a huge pot of homemade Chicken Noodle getting cooked and ready for which day soon?  Got me fired up!  Fairly busy in CB lodge.... Pizza was supposed to be the Vegy special...but I just finished yesterdays pizza and it was still good.

Other - A lot might have pushed half full?  B and C had lots of widely spaced rows that sort of filled the lots to the shuttle stops...maybe.  Drive up and down was at happy mostly dry pavement speed.  Lots of Elk this morning in the clearcut passed Greenwater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.