Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/28 Really Big Wind Day

Crystal - 03/28 Really Big Wind Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Mar 2023 16:58 #236404 by ddk
Ski (Wind) Report - I expected winds today with lift impacts...but we were already in the parking lot when Crystal announced the upper mountain clouser....ouch!  Oh well I had the pleasure of a full morning of skiing with #1.  Mostly skied runs off of FQex with a couple of runs off of CHex (Deerfly groomed last night and Lower Ferks which had not been groomed since yesterday - still smooth but kinda ice skating quality).  We also road Slow Silver once so that #1 could drag me down Boondoggle which I had not been down in years...was actually pretty good with carveable packed powder...couldn't tell when it had last been groomed.  Morning all in all was okay in the big winds, got some turns in and because of conditions and late season the slopes were pretty empty which always makes #1 happy.  Skied late into the afternoon - well we pulled out of the parking lot at 1pm!  Wow!

Other - Took a lateish break at CB lodge which was pretty busy.  Soup was a homemade Tripple C (Coconut Chicken Curry) and it was very very good - way better than the typical bagged stuff Crystal used to serve.  Pizza special was a Lamb sausage kale onion olive with red sause and I am eating the left-over half for dinner tonight and it is still very good.  #1 had a salmon burger which she indicated was okay (but the gluten free buns are a real crumbling mess).  

Other Other - A lot might have been pushing 1/2ish including special folks area and that was just about it, just a few cars in B and C....Nice quiet at speed on dry pavement drive up and down.... noticed a number of Elk this morning as we drove into Greenwater.  Even with the limited options, today was still fun...way better than opening day of this season.  Heard that the season will be extended for up to 5 weeks or so....yee haa!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.