Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal 03/22 Yee Haa First REAL Spring Skiing Day

Crystal 03/22 Yee Haa First REAL Spring Skiing Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Mar 2023 14:53 #236394 by ddk
Ski Report - Totally the REAL first spring day!  Ultra-light crowd on the lifts and most of the slopes...maybe #1 might not agree cause of the typical downhill racer wanabees.  Big Blue Bird Day with hazy views from Adams north to a faint Baker.  Cool early with east winds blowing up top and WINDY Pass, but the wind kept decreasing and the spring slush melt was full on before noon - at least on the groomers like MIFB and LS to Stumpfarm...others places - Pro Course big version groomed perfect with great packed carving cold snow (packed powder - maybe)  I had a lot of screamer fast groomer runs down Pro to MIFB early, #1 had some apparently not so great groomer runs on FQex....I  only did Downhill to Rolling Knowls once and  it was pleasant for me.  #1's right knee was bothering her today.....but she still skied strong up top when we finally met up.  Great day just wish I had been less wimpy and more of a jerk and skied all that great mushy spring snow that was happening when we left.

Other - Took  a break at CB lodge to check out the Pizza and Soup....Really tough day - Good pizza in the cue and the soup of the day was a really really "big"  bowl of Stroganoff on Pennie pasta and it was way more meat strips than I've ever had in my life of eating my mom's excellent Stroganoff....Ouch! it was the most excellent soup(?) of the season! Took a stupid pic of it...if I can figure out how to get it from my cell phone...I'll post it.

Other Other - Special folks and A lot (plus early bird scammers) was working past 3/4....B full to the shuttle stop, C had lots of cars filling lots of space - but how full?  So, some folks showed up today, but it is definitely pushing end of the season for the masses!  Time to Golf and work in the yard on warm days like today - NOT!  Drive up and down very pleasant and fast on dry pavement, only noticed a herd of elk in Greenwater.   Great Day! Tomorrow things change back to winter. Ouch sad!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.