Baker 3/16/2023.

• Bill
  • [big bill]
More
16 Mar 2023 15:50 - 16 Mar 2023 15:57 #236384 by Bill
Baker 3/16/2023. was created by Bill
I knew it was going to be bluebird and it was.
I left A Town a little early, dry roads and boy that Moon was so cool to guide me through the early morning darkness, it was just turning dawn as I slipped onto the Mt Baker Beltway heading EAST, easy drive up to the magical Vibe of Valhalla ( Glacier).  No elk, no newbie drivers just hardcore Baker types heading EAST as if it were a migration to the Holly Land.  Front row parking with about 40 steps to the lift is sweet and the vibe in the parking lot is so chill, ( if you know what I’m saying) a mix of old guy and gals and hard core types booting up to head up Shuksan and way beyond the ARM, I have been around some hard core skiers all my life, trust me this is a different level. It’s no joke type of skiing. 
I headed up to 8 and found squeaky chalk snow everywhere, on and off groom. Up 7 and into the canyon, plenty of shade in that valley, word was that it had been closed all week for avalanche control work, boot top to the knee deep type of snow in the canyon.  Back over to the Shuksan side to soak in the sun and carve the rest of the day. I pulled the plug early so i  could just sit in the bed of my truck and sip a bud and bask in the glow of a great day in the cathedrals of the mountains.  Baker is filled in and skiing everywhere.  Great vibe of a small family ski area. After 20 + years of Crystal, it refreshing to get back to the real roots of skiing. 
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Mar 2023 15:57 by Bill. Reason: Take photo out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.