Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/16 Half and Half Day

Crystal - 03/16 Half and Half Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Mar 2023 14:43 #236383 by ddk
Ski Report - Small early crowd for a Blue Bird Cold morning, great grooming (well LS and MIFB only groomers I did today), great off piste packed powder and leftovers from yesterday (well PB and BP and GV Bowl - which was most excellent for a rodent).  Relatively light crowd no lift lines on the four lifts I sat on today - CHex, REX, FQex and CH6 - that chair is ultra happy mellow and slow.  Fun day, fast and furious and my quads hurt right now.... half and half day cause big cold winds up top blowing on REX, Windy Pass, top of CH6 and up Powder Bowl (nice and fun), but the other half down low in protected sunny areas it was real spring - Dear Fly for my last run to the base was going spring mush - I  am looking forward to a lot of spring mush!  The Coombas will be happy!  The EXP's were exceptionally happy today! So best of all worlds - cold packed pow up top on north facing slopes and happy mushy snow down low on sunny slopes.

Other - Paused in CB lodge for a cup of Gumbo...still very good!  No pizza today...heard they had pizza yesterday.  Mellow in the lodge.

Other Other - Special folks and A lot might have been pushing 2/3, B and C had lots of cars but with widely spaced single and double rows...I spaced out on the rest of the lots...twas looking up at EH as I left...Heard from Mr EH that it has been very good as he approaches 100 laps for the season!  Think I remember doing it this season - at least once!  Thought about it today but my hamster treadmill brain was pretty wired.   Drive up and down was pretty happy and fast, didn't notice any elk again today...but one deer woke me up this morning.  Fun day...prepping mentally for St Paty's day tomorrow!  Wear the Green!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.