Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/14 Happy Pi Powder Day

Crystal - 03/14 Happy Pi Powder Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Mar 2023 14:45 #236378 by ddk
Ski Report - Cold temps early, blue bird day mostly, fair early crowd.... with a fair-sized mid-morning rush, great boot top powder (way better than I expected!), groomers that I did, did not hold up well as the morning progressed (MIFB, LS, Downhill to Rolling Knolls), fun places?...GV Bowl! Got first tracks and they looked fairly nice, SunnySide, Last Door, BP's all ultra-light powder with lots of diamonds!  #1 had fun on FQex early except for some of the crowd over there.  Twas a fun pi day! Looked like great skiing on CH 6, both sides

Other - Paused at CB lodge for soup...#1 had chili which she thought was a little to spicy, I had the gumbo and i was very very good and spicy, but not as much as her chili.  No pizza today, pretty mellow and quiet since we were on the early side.

Other Other - Noticed the significant Pi day crowd when we left...A lot pushing passed 3/4, B and C almost full with C having folks looking for parking, D had cars.  Drive up and down very pleasant at speed with snow on the road above the Village area.  Didn't notice any elk today.
Fun day in the sun!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.