Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/10 Ouch Powder Day

Crystal - 03/10 Ouch Powder Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Mar 2023 17:06 #236369 by ddk
Crystal - 03/10 Ouch Powder Day was created by ddk
Ski Report - Late...What happened?  Big ultra early Powder crowd? REX not running for opening (more later about that).  Probably 5 or so new on the groomers and deeper in various places, and it was very nice quality early.  Overnight big winds impacted lots of upper mountain.  I did a couple of nice runs on FQex early for #1 and then made the mistake of trying SlowSilver - OUCH!....not only slow but when I offloaded at the top the ice sheet on my skis stopped me the second they touched the ramp at the top...ouch! Nasty! Ouch!  Snow good over there as everywhere else early on the mountain...REX started running again and life was mostly good from that point on.  Still pretty marginal vis early up top and the new 4 to 6 inches was starting to get piled up on the groomers to make them challenging.  Did SS and FLD....both good with vis but would have been better with the Coombas today.  Crowds okay on REX and bearable on FQex when I passed through it.  Weather was improving when I left...earlier it was nuking snow with the added bonus of freezing snow on your goggles! Ultra Bonus!

REX early issues?  Apparently, the snow was howling just right last night that it blew up into every nook and cranny at the top to pretty much freeze up the whole thing...once they chipped out the snow and ice REX was running pretty typical for this season.

Other - Paused at CB lodge for way to long, but the Greek style feta cheese pizza was excellent as was the White Bean chicken/sausage/kale/vegy soup?  Its getting complicated on the specialties at CB lodge!  Need to start writing it down when they tell me. Not too busy when I arrived...when I left the place was packed...I spent too much time there....

Other Other - A lot was pushing 3/4, B and C full!  OUCH! as was D and E....big crowd even for a Friday Powder Day...maybe the season has not quiet ended for the golfing crowd.  Drive up early was ultra pleasant, drive down even better.  Had fun but maybe I should have rolled over one more time in bed today and slept in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2023 21:09 #236370 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Crystal - 03/10 Ouch Powder Day
Silver basin has the best snow on the mountain- wind blew it in. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.