Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal -03/09 Another Stormy Daniels Day!

Crystal -03/09 Another Stormy Daniels Day!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Mar 2023 15:05 #236361 by ddk
Ski Report - Excellent snow quality, though variably challenging on SS and FLD areas.  Groomers off the top primo - Big Pro Course when you could see it.... MIFB to Lower Ferks...Ouch! Gotta say the best all morning skiing quality - mostly since not many folks were skiing them...I have definitely never skied MIFB when it's been that good carving all day!  Winds howling up top, vis terrible the first 100 ft elevation, but everything down below that level was prime vis and prime fun.  No lift lines on REX and when we passed through CHex for my one TTB.  Crowd big on FQex during the 10am hour rush when we passed through.  I did BS after my Door run and it was groomed again and steep and very groomer diamondish. #1 had a very big day, got her down MIFB multiple times since the snow sliding crowd on that run was more pleasant than the LS mess.  Neither of us ventured very far around...probably other posts will indicate the incredible conditions in the far north...Otherwise for us the core was fun, the snow was awesome, and the weather was stormy danielish. That wind and blowing snow up top was interesting, especially dropping into MIFB.  The EXP's were in hamster heaven today and I was glad to be along for the ride!

Other - Soup was only Tomato Bisque at CB lodge, #1 had a homemade chili that apparently was excellent.  I had an excellent Alfredo/Chicken/Vegy (lots of veggies) pizza slice, and it was very very good.  Arrived at CB early to beat the crowd and it was packed when we left.  

Other Other - A lot  was pushing 3/4, B and C where completely full as was D and E....the $60 crowd did show up today!   Drive up was mostly pleasant early before the cluster arrived, drive down was pretty okay, but we were in a pack of folks leaving early!  Oh, like us!  Didn't notice any elk today.  GREAT DAY!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CascadeSkier
  • [CascadeSkier]
More
09 Mar 2023 20:06 #236364 by CascadeSkier
Replied by CascadeSkier on topic Crystal -03/09 Another Stormy Daniels Day!
Yep. Winter continues...

2,300 $60 tiks were sold for today -- total attendance was 2,300 + 800 passholders. The Gondola closed for a tad in the afternoon as the Dreaded East Winds were doing their thing -- DANG! The groomer had been busy out Gate 5 as Paradise Bowl was baby butt smooth and the grooming continued all the way out down to the NWay chair. That typically happens once, maybe twice, a season. But the grooming run of the day....drum roll....went to...The New Right Side of Lucky Shot Formerly Known as Lucky Shot Trees Formerly Known as Left Side of Bear Pits.  The groomer started atop the Toilet Trees and ran all the way down to the lake. OUCH!  Fun day on the Firebirds 76 as we carved up the groomers, crud and the many many pockets of soft snow here and here. 30K. TTB via the Ferks and TTB via the Gap was judged to equally fast. Never Ending Trail thru the Elizabeth Creek environs was a hoot and the snow was delightful. 2 beers at the Snort continues to = $16 USD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.